Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Madness the 11th: BJ's like Dickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crustacean

Feb 8, 2009
Dickey improves 3 places in the pitching staff.

Our Top-3 becomes stronger. Our #5 becomes stronger. And our bullpen becomes stronger.

I like the move but it depends on what we give up.

I'd still rather just sign Marcum though.

Agree with you - but I don't think the improvement is worth the sacrifice. Personally, I'd rather wait until 50 games into the season to get a better idea of where we stand. If Morrow continues pitching like he did last season, and Romero bounces back... I'd argue that we don't need RA Dickey, especially at the price of TDA++.

If Morrow or Johnson go down to injury, or Morrow/Romero/Johnson regress... then I'd still consider the package to put us back over the top.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I have a feeling we won't see any kind of confirmation until like Tuesday if it does go through

Cage1080

May 31, 2011
Toronto
So far there is only one guy saying Synder will be be in the deal. Hopefully one of the better known ones can confirm.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
someone on twitter said that Torontos affiliate in Lansing said the deal was Gose, Syndergaar and Buck. that deal i would do in a heartbeat. really dont want to see TDA leave.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I have a feeling we won't see any kind of confirmation until like Tuesday if it does go through

If it's another 5-6-7 multi-player I'd say you're probably right. It's the offseason. So much like Reyes and Mathis players may have to travel to get their medicals.

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
Wright already plays third, and is the best third baseman in the league. I'd reevaluate your post if I were you.
Hmmm I thought wright was a lot older than 29. Well I supposed Lawrie back to 2nd makes sense

playing two 3b would be a new tactic i guess...not sure what you mean here by converting wright to 3b when he is already one...

Clearly I meant 1st

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
someone on twitter said that Torontos affiliate in Lansing said the deal was Gose, Syndergaar and Buck. that deal i would do in a heartbeat. really dont want to see TDA leave.

Was some random guy who Lansing mistakenly retweeted.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Was some random guy who Lansing mistakenly retweeted.
The mistake doesn't seem to be too far off other reports right now though. That was the first we heard of Syndergaard.

I know it's a lot to give up, but if it was the last deal reported and we got David Wright as the "unknown" I'd probably do a backflip off a table.

Aub... just think how awesome that would be to play in MLB 13: The Show ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad