Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Madness the 10th: Melk Man Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
You must be over 25 years old

That's some clever investigative work there. ;)

Turning 25 yes. ICQ was the bomb.

Definitely worried about how much we're giving up, but I'm trying to set sights on the post-season and how far we could go. Usually I avoid stuff like this unless AA announces it a few minutes later, but this has peaked my interest.

Dwight K Schrute

Nov 30, 2009
Scranton
I could really see this becoming another Marlins-esque trade. Have to know that AA isn't comfortable giving up both Gose and D'Arnaud without getting something else to come along with Dickey. Wow..I'm really anxious to see what the final deal is.

The thing is they don't really have anything we would want other than harvey or wheeler--- maybe davis-- but not worth adding gose and tda

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
The thing is they don't really have anything we would want other than harvey or wheeler--- maybe davis-- but not worth adding gose and tda

Who knows, AA is a guy that seems to do things that we never expect to happen. We may sit here and say the Mets don't have anything we'd want but then in the final deal we end up getting a guy or two we thought would never be available.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
The only guys I'm interested in though are Niese and Davis. I'm not familiar with their farm system so..

jbean

Jan 17, 2009
Lots of people are really under estimating Dickey. He is probably the only human being that has ever been able to throw a 80mph knuckleball. He can throw 5 pitches, (2 knuckleballs, 2 fastballs, and a changeup) and has been among the top 5 pitchers in baseball the last 3 years. Over his last 620 innings he has been better than every pitcher on the Blue Jays current staff and highly coveted guys like Zach Greinke. If Dickey goes to the Jays that gives them the best rotation in the AL east in my opinion.

I keep hear stupid things like this: (from TSN comments)

A 38 year old, career year, knuckleballer in a dome - yeah that is a deal that should be made - heck send our 1st round pick for the next 10 years there.

For one a knuckleball will probably be even better in the dome, Wakefield said he loved playing in Toronto especially when the dome was shut. Also knuckleballers tend to age well, and Dickey doesn't have a lot of mileage thus far. He has also been a work horse the last 3 years, and should be a 200+ innings guy. Also the TSN comments guy shows how much he knows about baseball when he mentioned trading draft picks in MLB. Get it done AA!!

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Wheeler is a guy I would be looking to squeeze in the package as a 2nd arm. Would be the ideal player to be our "6th" starter in AAA.

Scion

May 25, 2012
No, it didn't ;)

MSN has been around for a long time. I had it BEFORE ICQ.

I should have been more clear, it started for me in grade 6. Prior to that I didn't even know what instant messaging was. :laugh:

Felstead

Boss Status
Feb 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Watch AA pull a rabbit out of his ass and get Wright!! Hahaha.

You think I'm kidding...(yes I know we have Lawrie.)

Edit: I love JP bit I would be so friggin happy if it was him going in the trade. So happy

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I should have been more clear, it started for me in grade 6. Prior to that I didn't even know what instant messaging was. :laugh:

There was a time you could use yahoo to find movies and tv shows ;)

Of course, it took so friggin long to download them that it wasn't a real concern.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
IIRC, MSN pretty much died when Facebook came into the picture. Sometime around my second year of college (2005 ish).

Nah I was still using it past that. I have bad memories of chasing girls on it during my freshman year which would've been '07.

But yeah Facebook chat (although I don't really use it) has definitely killed off most instant messaging for convenience reasons.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
It would push Haap out of the rotation so unless he doesn't go in the deal, he would be the 6th guy.

What I mean by that is a major league calibre pitcher who is young enough and has options to play in AAA and has no rush to get there.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
IIRC, MSN pretty much died when Facebook came into the picture. Sometime around my second year of college (2005 ish).

It died when Microsoft tried to copy Facebook chat and embedded it instead of sticking with their MSN Messenger client (and when they tried to push the damn Windows Messenger on everyone)

Scion

May 25, 2012
There was a time you could use yahoo to find movies and tv shows ;)

Of course, it took so friggin long to download them that it wasn't a real concern.

LOL

While were on the subject of random memories pertaining to the internet, did anyone else have dial up growing up? I can honestly I do not miss it, it was the worst...

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Wheeler is a guy I would be looking to squeeze in the package as a 2nd arm. Would be the ideal player to be our "6th" starter in AAA.

How do you plan on "squeezing" Wheeler?

Hes one of the very best prospects in baseball.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
LOL

While were on the subject of random memories pertaining to the internet, did anyone else have dial up growing up? I can honestly I do not miss it, it was the worst...

I remember using Napster while on Netscape. Used to download songs overnight because they each took six hours.

Hilarious how much everything's advanced in 15 years...

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
LOL

Yeap. Add 3 brothers to the mix and it was hell on earth fighting for computer time. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad