Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Madness the 10th: Melk Man Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
So when they say other pieces.. What do you guys think AA has his eyes on from the Mets?

Scion

May 25, 2012
I like how we morphed this thread into an oldschool technology thread. I think I actually prefer it to what's been going on all day. Kudos Scion. Kudos. Hahaha.

Credit belongs to dredeye, he's the one who really took this thing off track. :laugh:

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Credit belongs to dredeye, he's the one who really took this thing off track. :laugh:

I will say I didn't expect that little response to take us this far away from baseball. Oh well it seemed to have ignited the boards. I would say it was a team effort.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I'm think I'm about done for the night. I really need to be getting to sleep.

I'll add that it'll likely take forever to get caught up in the new thread when I do wake up.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
What is most impressive is this thread is still showing 100+ viewers at 1 in the morning EST lol.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Did nobody else catch this from JP 45 minutes ago?

jp arencibia ‏@jparencibia9
Yup and Im not striking out once next year! RT @willy9a: @jparencibia9 keep seeing ur name in trade rumors, any truth to it, that u know?

Sounds to me like he has heard he's involved in the deal
Somebody doesn't get sarcasm. :laugh:

Scion

May 25, 2012
Ya pretty much.

I used the computers at school and that's it.

I lived in the country, so we played outside, or watched sports on TV. :)

I do miss that aspect of old technology, now people are so consumed with the internet and social media that they don't go outside as much, and communication with people is becoming increasingly impersonal, and done over different mediums such as: texting, Facebook, and myspace rather than in person.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
With Oliver looking more and more like he's going to retire I think the Jays are looking for another BP guy.

R.A Dickey+ Bobby Parnell for Travis D'Arnaud + Anthony Gose

Leafssss

Jun 23, 2010
CANADA
With Oliver looking more and more like he's going to retire I think the Jays are looking for another BP guy.

R.A Dickey+ Bobby Parnell for Travis D'Arnaud + Anthony Gose

The regulars here would kill themselves if that happened.

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
It was awful, the connection was slow, and would routinely die. Trying to load a site alone took 2 minutes on a good day, on a bad day it wasn't even useable.

I remember going on a website to download some avatars....and I had to leave the computer on for like 30 minutes for them all to load :rant:

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
That's some clever investigative work there. ;)

Turning 25 yes. ICQ was the bomb.

Definitely worried about how much we're giving up, but I'm trying to set sights on the post-season and how far we could go. Usually I avoid stuff like this unless AA announces it a few minutes later, but this has peaked my interest.

weird question, but I noticed that Russians still use ICQ, and I find that really weird. Are they like in 1998 in internet terms still or what?

though in fairness, a lot use vk now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->