Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Madness the 10th: Melk Man Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Honestly there seems like way too many people saying a deal looks close for it not to happen but you never know.

I think at this point they have agreed to trade Dickey here but there maybe adding more to it.

Scion

May 25, 2012
I wonder about the possibility of a third team being involved. The Mets really have nothing that valuable, while that third team could help out. A team like the Angels makes sense since they desperately need pitching.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking about a potential Mike Trout swap to Toronto. :naughty:

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
well I guess these boards are gonna get real annoying again for a couple weeks if this trade does get bigger with many moving pieces. Likely, even if it stays smaller. Hopefully, the wjc will keep the annoyances to a minimum

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Honestly there seems like way too many people saying a deal looks close for it not to happen but you never know.

I think at this point they have agreed to trade Dickey here but there maybe adding more to it.

A Dickey extension could be the hold-up. I mean, I seriously don't think Jays can pretty go all in now with Dickey and Johnson set to become FA and potentially have them walk next season. That would be a huge blow. If they are trading TDA or Gose, they gotta get Dickey signed first.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
All this MSN talk has led me to discover that my hotmail account no longer exists due to inactivity haha

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Convenient way to chat while being able to use it through a web browser (logging into hotmail) lol

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
What would be the purpose of getting Niese? Wouldn't that give us 6 starters + Happ Lol...unless the real target is Niese and we flip Dickey to someone for something that AA's been coveting? 3-way deal??

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
Did nobody else catch this from JP 45 minutes ago?

jp arencibia ‏@jparencibia9
Yup and Im not striking out once next year! RT @willy9a: @jparencibia9 keep seeing ur name in trade rumors, any truth to it, that u know?

Sounds to me like he has heard he's involved in the deal

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Another name to possibly look at is Bobby Parnell, just to add to the list of hard throwing righties out of the pen.

Although I don't see him being a guy that can push AA to move D'Arnaud...

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Another name to possibly look at is Bobby Parnell, just to add to the list of hard throwing righties out of the pen.

Although I don't see him being a guy that can push AA to move D'Arnaud...

Big power arm righty with good stuff and control. sounds like AA to me.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
While the names in the trade are not finalized, outfielder Anthony Gose is likely to be included in the deal to New York. The Mets also are expected to acquire a catcher, either J.P. Arencibia or Travis d’Arnaud. The rebuilding Mets are said to prefer d’Arnaud because he would come at a lower salary with more years of control than Arencibia.

One source familiar with the talks said d’Arnaud was very much in play as of Friday night. In order to surrender such a coveted prospect, the Blue Jays have sought to expand the deal and involve more players than just Dickey, Gose and d’Arnaud. Toronto general manager Alex Anthopoulos took the same approach last month when the Miami Marlins requested top Blue Jays prospects in trade talks; a 12-player trade was the end result.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/toronto-blue-jays-new-york-mets-ra-dickey-hot-stove-trade-121412

Huh, Gose is likely in the deal along with JPA or TDA? Geez, we're going to be gutting all of our bats, huh?

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad