Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season IV: Off-season progression! (Lockout over: Jays acquire Chapman for 4 prospects!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Honestly thought after that last era that it would be awhile before the Jays could field a team with that potential on both sides of the field.

Amazing build in a few short years

Credit to Shatkins.

They inherited Vladdy, but a lot of the remaining core is drafted, developed or acquired in their regime.

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
Also, there is no track record of a catcher with Kirk's build, so there will always be a fear that he might have to give up catching at some point.

I suspect he'll end up at DH. Not that I'm saying he shouldn't be a catcher, I like him a lot and would love to keep him, but this team is in the interesting position where it has plenty of up and coming young offense. He's not really needed, and they have greater concerns elsewhere (like the entire outfield potentially being gone in 2 years, for example), plus his footspeed is potentially a major problem. He's starting out his career, at a very young age, super slow. He's only going to get slower.

I hope someone teaches him how to run. I was equally slow as molasses when I was younger until a track runner taught me how to run. Improved all the way to average speed.

Reactions: Da Cool Rula
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad