Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season IV: Off-season progression! (Lockout over: Jays acquire Chapman for 4 prospects!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Last edited:

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
It will definitely take out some spring games. Probably wont get serious until mid march imo. The mlbpa and the mlb are not close at all right now. Cant even agree on mediation help

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Blue Jay reunion at Devon Travis' wedding

upload_2022-2-7_12-46-40.png

Reactions: jetsforever

metafour

Apr 6, 2008

5. Toronto Blue Jays

Last year: No. 3

The Blue Jays have quietly become powerhouses on the international free-agency front, hitting repeatedly on big-dollar signees – current prospects Orelvis Martinez, Miguel Hiraldo and Leo Jimenez, and of course Vladimir Guerrero Jr. – as well as smaller bonus guys like Gabriel Moreno, Sem Robberse and Otto Lopez. They’ve supplemented with some solid drafts, with their first pick from 2020, Austin Martin, since traded to Minnesota to land José Berríos. Their first two picks from 2021, Gunnar Hoglund, who’s coming off Tommy John surgery, and Ricky Tiedemann, who was throwing quite a bit harder in instructs, both look like they’ll be big risers for 2022, as well. There’s quite a bit of position player depth here – Cleveland might be the only team with more depth on the left side of its infield – with its next wave of pitching probably two years off.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Surprised he has the Jays so high. He must be a big believer that a guy like Hoglund is a sure bet and that orelvis, Moreno and the other position players have star upside.
I don't think he was super high on either Martin or SWR and he seems to be pretty high on a lot of our lower level guys. Combination of those two things would lead to him having us higher then most I guess.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Surprised he has the Jays so high. He must be a big believer that a guy like Hoglund is a sure bet and that orelvis, Moreno and the other position players have star upside.

I’m higher on the Jays system than most (I have them in the top 10) and even I was surprised to see them this high. The key with Law is he loves youth/IFA/athletic SS types (which we knew we have a lot of) and depth which is even better news because I thought the book on the Jays system was they had blue chip talent but no depth.

So good news all around if Law’s list comes to fruition

Reactions: thehockeysong

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
It will definitely take out some spring games. Probably wont get serious until mid march imo. The mlbpa and the mlb are not close at all right now. Cant even agree on mediation help

According to Shi Davidi in one of McCown's interviews, the MLPBA have dropped a bunch of demands, so, while there are a few sticklers, it's not this great wall of tenable demands that it was at the beginning. I'm sure some time will still be missed, but it's looking like the lockout is leaning more towards a "normal" negotiation window rather than some season gobbling thing, or at least as normal as one can expect from these things.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Every team’s most surprising record holder
14) Duane Ward has the Blue Jays’ single-season saves record (45 in 1993)
Ward was a durable and dependable late-inning arm for the Blue Jays in the late 1980s and early 1990s. So the surprise is less that he had a 45-save season (leading the league in ’93) but rather that this is the only 40-save season in franchise history. The Blue Jays are the only team that has not had multiple 40-save seasons. Franchise saves leader Tom Henke (217) never had more than 34 saves in any one year with Toronto.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I really want this lockout to end.

I’m so excited for the rest of the off-season and this season.

US is fully open. Canada should be there by the time the season rolls around. MLB can’t lose this season to a lockout. Would be more devastating than the 1994 lockout IMO

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
MLB 22 is still two months away and Randy Johnson already has a penthouse in my head rent free.

Of all the legends they could have went out and gotten...why did it have to be the god damn Big Unit?

Also curious to see what happens to that game if we get a worst case scenario in terms of the lockout given that game relies a lot of live content based on season performance to keep itself afloat. Legends can only fill up so much given they don't have enough to fill a game with them.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
MLB 22 is still two months away and Randy Johnson already has a penthouse in my head rent free.

Of all the legends they could have went out and gotten...why did it have to be the god damn Big Unit?

Also curious to see what happens to that game if we get a worst case scenario in terms of the lockout given that game relies a lot of live content based on season performance to keep itself afloat. Legends can only fill up so much given they don't have enough to fill a game with them.

SDS crushed TS20 when they missed the first few months of the season. Instead of POTM cards, they used ones from past games that people loved in each months past. The whole investing is such a nice change from HUT, but it also makes it way harder for casuals to get the end game cards if it's not available.

As for Randy.... it's gonna be a mess man. I have enough trouble hitting lefties in general in that game.... it just better not be Kluber-levels of f***ed up early on.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The worst part is given how attainable SDS likes to make legends who are available for the first time, damn near everyone will have Johnson in their rotation. Just like 20 Kluber and DeGrom last year.

Might just skip out this year lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad