Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season IV: Off-season progression! (Lockout over: Jays acquire Chapman for 4 prospects!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Unless Correa is signing a 1 yr deal it'd be dumb. You need that money long-term for Bichette and Guerrero. The lineup is set all you'd prefer is Grichuk be a lefty. Rotation is set with depth all you might need is a pen arm. They're good heading into the year and have assets to move at the deadline for a area they need help in

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Be crazy daring and sign Correa to a big money deal (front loaded) with opt outs starting after year 3. He'll have gotten big $$$ early, and he's still young enough to get another retirement contract if he opts out after year 3.

:sarcasm:

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Unless Correa is signing a 1 yr deal it'd be dumb. You need that money long-term for Bichette and Guerrero. The lineup is set all you'd prefer is Grichuk be a lefty. Rotation is set with depth all you might need is a pen arm. They're good heading into the year and have assets to move at the deadline for a area they need help in
must be nice to cheer for the avs and jays :(

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

We may have another Edwin situation, overplayed his hand

It's really crazy how greedy all parties can get. I get chasing the money but the stuff these guys turn down is insane. Freeman certainly seems to have overplayed his at this point.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario

We may have another Edwin situation, overplayed his hand

I theorized a couple days ago that he's probably pretty unhappy with his agent.

The Braves dropping out without even telling them was a huge blow. My theory is that they've been trying to get 6 years all along and it caused the Jays and Yankees to jump ship, leaving them hassling with the Dodgers for it. Problem is the Dodgers know their bargaining power is severely depleted and I doubt the Padres, Red Sox, or Rays are going to step up and outbid L.A

Dodgers are sitting pretty waiting for him to accept shorter term.

Reactions: ER89

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Would trading Reese McGuire for a bullpen arm make sense? With Jansen, Kirk, and Moreno in the org, he seems redundant at this point (even if he is good defensively and left handed).

Reactions: Kurtz

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Would trading Reese McGuire for a bullpen arm make sense? With Jansen, Kirk, and Moreno in the org, he seems redundant at this point (even if he is good defensively and left handed).
It would if we could get a decent bullpen arm, which he wouldnt fetch so he likely sits on the roster as a backup catcher.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I wouldn't get overly attached to Kirk at this point - if someone is dealt for upgrades elsewhere, it's probably him....

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
It's really crazy how greedy all parties can get. I get chasing the money but the stuff these guys turn down is insane. Freeman certainly seems to have overplayed his at this point.
Agreed. Like all the money they get sets up for for life like 20 times over. Even more so if they're on their 3rd contract. Insanely greedy.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I could see shatkins being happy with the moves made now and then re-evaluating at the deadline to see where they stand. A Ketel Marte or Jose Ramirez probably aren't available now, but they could be in late July.

Reactions: Kurtz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad