Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season III: Ray/Semien out, Gausman in. Jays linked to everyone. Labor strife happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
It's weird that I always forget about him since I really like him as a future utility guy.
Because he’s so under the radar. He’ll need to get a look at some point soon. Although if we trade for a 3b one of Biggio, Smith or Lopez will be in the deal I think. Just as an added piece

Beaumaris

May 21, 2015
I think they have to pick their poison with one of Bryant, Ramirez, or Chapman. If the lockout ends and the season starts almost immediately after with a shortened spring, Bryant will need to act fast and if the A's want to get the most bang for their buck on this sell off, they will too. I'm willing to bet one of the three won't cost an egregious overpay.

You're taking increased risks running with Biggio, Espinal, and Smith. If they miss the playoffs two years in a row because of dropped games in April and May, the media is going to eat them alive.
Who really cares what the media do?
Fans are the ones that the team are answerable to.

Reactions: Its not your fault

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Batting Around: Where will Carlos Correa and Trevor Story sign when the MLB lockout ends?
Matt Snyder: The Cubs, Yankees and Astros make the most sense at this point for Correa by a mile, it seems to me. The Cubs can't be trusted to spend on their own product just yet -- though maybe the short-term, high-AAV Stroman deal provides hope? -- and there was little out their connecting the Yankees to Correa before the owner lockout. And the Correa relationship with the Astros' front office seemed like it soured? I guess I'll go Yankees on Correa, but I'm far from confident. On Story, he might bottom out and need a Marcus Semien "show me" one-year deal. If that happens, why not just play it again with a different player from the Blue Jays' perspective? I'll go with that for my pick.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Semien was playing in a pitcher's park so it made a lot of sense for him to gamble on himself for a year in a hitters' park. Story's numbers away from Colorado are pretty mediocre - it would make more sense for him to capitalize on his Colorado stats and cash in now rather than betting on himself for a year.

Yeah, I really don't see it. But I also think the team that gives him a big contract is going to regret it, so... maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad