Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season III: Ray/Semien out, Gausman in. Jays linked to everyone. Labor strife happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Reactions: phillipmike

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I hope your inbox is ready to be flooded with angry PMs about how someone had a long ass post all typed up in the old thread and when they hit post, the thread was already closed.

ImaginaryDependentDegu-size_restricted.gif

:sarcasm:

Reactions: Cloned

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Wendel dealt to the Marlins for prospect Kameron Misner. I've got $10 on Misner becoming an all-star in the next few years because...Tampa Bay.

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
Ray got how much? That's all? Surely the Jays could have matched that...well, not considering the Jays tax.

Oh, well. I initially figured he'd take off.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Ray got how much? That's all? Surely the Jays could have matched that...well, not considering the Jays tax.

Oh, well. I initially figured he'd take off.
Ray told the Jays that he expected a better offer from laa and wasn't meeting them until after the cba

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
Ray told the Jays that he expected a better offer from laa and wasn't meeting them until after the cba

I absolutely love the fact that Atkins did what he did regarding Ray. Ray tried to play the Jays and make them up their offer by saying he had a meeting with the Angels lined up and he wasn't planning on signing before the CBA expired. From all accounts, the Jays offered Ray the same contract he signed with the Mariners, instead he tried to be greedy and is now stuck on a bottom dwelling team.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Jays forgot the non-tender deadline had been moved up and forgot to tend everyone arbitration. Vladdy, Biggio, Teo, Stripling, Jansen, Mayza, Richards, and Cimber become free agents

:sarcasm:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

That's not what I saw. What I saw is that Ray's camp took the Jays offer (which was apparently in the ballpark of the Gausman contract) and held out for more money. The Jays then decided they weren't going to wait for him to come back down on price or bump their offer and moved on to signing Gausman instead. Meanwhile Ray found that nobody was going to pay out significantly more (likely because Gausman had just set the market for pitchers of that tier) and ended up taking the comparable deal from the Mariners because it was the best value left for him.

Reactions: Beaumaris

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Wait, it’s Bargea suggesting Freeman to the Jays?

That would be wild

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
I have to imagine the flurry of signings that happen in the last couple hours before 11:59 on December 1st is going to be glorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad