Speculation: OEL Mega Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
If the Yotes are waiting to see if the Bruins can move Krug at noon it may happen

The Bruins Offer to Krug Lower than What Others Preparing.
There Bruins are offering Krug 6.5 AAV for 6 years. I am hearing of two Metro teams who are prepared to go to 7.5 AAV. Those offers can’t happen until noon.
Source: Eklund

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Well just over 2hrs left and seeming less likely to happen...

good!!! We shouldn’t be adding in a 7 year contract with a 8.25 million cap for a declining player. Hughes is our top pairing left side D man and we have Edler on the 2nd pairing, we should be adding to the right side, especially since we lost Tanev and Stecher

Reactions: Luckylarry

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Curious to see if the 12pm EST is a set-in-stone situation. I think both teams are waiting on if krug/markstrom resign.

Demko will not be moved if Marky walks. But could see him being included if we resign him. Which I highly doubt we know in 2hrs.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I don’t blame OEL for having a firm deadline, why should he have to go through the short offseason worrying about where he’ll end up playing and moving his family. I hope he sticks to his guns on that deadline and when the Yotes come to him later or a year or 2 later he says no.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Going to be an awkward situation for Arizona if OEL isn’t traded. As a Canucks fan, reminds me of the Luongo fiasco.

ehhhh not necessarily. It will only be awkward if they retain OEL without firing Rick Tocchet. Apparently Armstrong and OEL have had a good relationship since OEL was 17 and have continued to have good conversations throughout this whole process. A thing to remember: Armstrong inherited this messy situation from Chayka. With Chayka gone, the situation between the GM and the player can be fixed. The coach? Not so confident.

At any rate, the Coyotes have a decision to make.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
If they fire Tocchet and Housley, it’ll all be milk and honey.

What about the fact that ownership seemingly wanted to move out OEL? Can’t imagine that would sit well with OEL.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Yea lol I didn’t really think about it but it is sort of silly that OELs deadline comes when it does given that the teams involved won’t be able to make their deals until the FA situation is sorted (Krug, Markstrom)

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
If the Yotes are waiting to see if the Bruins can move Krug at noon it may happen

The Bruins Offer to Krug Lower than What Others Preparing.
There Bruins are offering Krug 6.5 AAV for 6 years. I am hearing of two Metro teams who are prepared to go to 7.5 AAV. Those offers can’t happen until noon.
Source: Eklund
Eklund is a moron, i don't see any sane GM offering Krug $7.5M at best 7x7 probably from DET.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Seems like this was all just a giant waste of time.
Canucks probably will just get marky signed

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
The market is really being set for valuing cap space and money above all else imo due to teams spending concerns with the pandemic and flat cap. I would not be surprised to see an underwhelming return for OEL given some of the other trades we’ve seen unfold and OELs contract situation. It really could be a Juolevi/Lind + a second sort of deal.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I would be livid at Sweeney if that was the deal.
If it’s a first going back, then I can see Lind as the prospect included and Sutter (only one year and can still contribute) as the dumperoo.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The market is really being set for valuing cap space and money above all else imo. I would not be surprised to see an underwhelming return for OEL given some of the other trades we’ve seen unfold and OELs contract situation. It really could be a Juolevi/Lind + a second sort of deal.
Lol. He’s not being traded. Offering less and less in your fantasies won’t make it happen. This is over.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Seems like this was all just a giant waste of time.
Canucks probably will just get marky signed

what’s the point of signing Markstrom when the team is taking 2 step backwards this season? If we lose Tanev and Toffoli that’s a big hit to the roster, signing Markstrom just doesn’t make sense now. Sign a backup for Demko. Personally, I think not signing Markstrom and not trading for OEL are the right moves to protect our future. Benning KEEP OUR PICKS! Don’t rush things! We can start building back up next year and top things up in 2 years, all these horrible contracts will mostly be expired.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Lol. He’s not being traded. Offering less and less in your fantasies won’t make it happen. This is over.

??? I’m not the one offering anything lol, I’m not the GM of the Canucks. I’m just looking at the other trades and FA decisions being made league wide and seeing money/cap being valued far higher than assets relative to any other year. This is not a normal offseason, it’s not a sellers market, and OEL is being paid a ton of money.

We were never going to know whether or not this trade was going to happen until BOS/VAN FA concerns were settled anyway. I promise it will all be over soon and you won’t have to feel the scalding pain of reading bad trade proposals on hf anymore

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaizen

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
what’s the point of signing Markstrom when the team is taking 2 step backwards this season? If we lose Tanev and Toffoli that’s a big hit to the roster, signing Markstrom just doesn’t make sense now. Sign a backup for Demko. Personally, I think not signing Markstrom and not trading for OEL are the right moves to protect our future. Benning KEEP OUR PICKS! Don’t rush things! We can start building back up next year and top things up in 2 years, all these horrible contracts will mostly be expired.
It’s not like We are replacing him with nothing, the rest of the free agency is still going to go on, he will probably bring in Tyson Barrie

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
??? I’m not the one offering anything lol, I’m not the GM of the Canucks. I’m just looking at the other trades and FA decisions being made league wide and seeing money/cap being valued far higher than assets relative to any other year. This is not a normal offseason, and OEL is being paid a ton of money.

We were never going to know whether or not this trade was going to happen until BOS/VAN FA concerns were settled anyway. I promise it will all be over soon and you won’t have to feel the scalding pain of reading bad trade proposals on hf anymore
“Bad” is too kind. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad