Pre-Game Talk: October 1: Jets @ Oilers, 9pm CDT CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
That's all Postma has that is better. Redmond is a PP QB, Postma is a shooter.

I still take Postma who has the ability to skate the puck out of the D zone if necessary, on the other hand Redmond will make a safe short pass to get of the D zone. To be honest their skill set is awash but you have to wonder about their NHL careers long term considering how long it has taken both to get to the NHL.

Both Trouba and Morrisey have skill sets way above both Postma and Redmond.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I still take Postma who has the ability to skate the puck out of the D zone if necessary, on the other hand Redmond will make a safe short pass to get of the D zone. To be honest their skill set is awash but you have to wonder about their NHL careers long term considering how long it has taken both to get to the NHL.

Both Trouba and Morrisey have skill sets way above both Postma and Redmond.

Which is why Trouba and Morrisey were lottery picks as opposed to Postma and Redmond who were 7th round picks.

Neither Redmond or Postma were expected be star prospects. They put in the time in the minors and became AHL all-stars. Its the way a lot of 5-6 d-men make it to the show.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Which is why Trouba and Morrisey were lottery picks as opposed to Postma and Redmond who were 7th round picks.

Neither Redmond or Postma were expected be star prospects. They put in the time in the minors and became AHL all-stars. Its the way a lot of 5-6 d-men make it to the show.

Yup and you always need good cheap depth to round out your bottom lines and pairings. I feel quite confident that Zach can fill I'm the number 5-6 role on this team quite well moving forward. I'm less sold on Postma on this team due to our current defense mix but he can still be a solid trade chip as offensive defenseman always go for a premium.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Yup and you always need good cheap depth to round out your bottom lines and pairings. I feel quite confident that Zach can fill I'm the number 5-6 role on this team quite well moving forward. I'm less sold on Postma on this team due to our current defense mix but he can still be a solid trade chip as offensive defenseman always go for a premium.

Agree, and also with wpgsilver. Redmond should be quite a solid bottom pairing defender for a good number of years, and a guy who can slide up to the top 4 if need be to cover for an injury or such.

I personally like the route he's taken as it takes defenceman longer to develop and round out their games as it is. Now that he's 25 with 2 years pro under his belt, he's primed to be a full-time NHL'er today/this season. It's too bad he had that setback last season, but he appears healthy and with no lingering effects from it. I'm a pretty big Redmond fan for what he brings and what I believe he can offer our defensive unit headed forward.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
BVcrnmCCEAAmsw7.jpg

Almost time. :yo:

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
God am I itching for NHL hockey, the CFL sucks, the NFL tied me over (since my Pats are 4-0) but its time to get the NHL rolling.

GER JERTS GER!

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I wish I didn't read their board.. What a depressing, defeated group of fans.

Welcome to the west coast, where every year every canadian team thinks they will win the cup. Knowing only 1 team has any legit chance of actually winning it.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Very lucky......Moose are so dangerous to hit!

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Two years? Remember, this is the first time the "Winnipeg Jets" have played in Edmonton since March 29, 1996.

Or hell, since the Jets have come back to the league on May 31, 2011, this is the first time they've played in Edmonton.

I can't say I know a ton of die-hard Jets fans out here. But I do know several people who are either from Winnipeg originally with divided loyalties, or people just curious to see the Jets. It should be a fun atmosphere.

Edit: I don't know a ton of die-hard Jets fans besides myself, I should say. My wife already told me my Christmas present is tickets to the next Jets @ Oilers game on December 23rd. I love that woman...

I was talking about not having hockey in October... Wasn't commenting on anything to do with the Oilers. Last time there was hockey in October was 2011...

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Little later than usual as I just got back into town.

Coach-Noel-pre-game-1-300x166.jpg

Coach Noel - Status of Grant Clitsome (7 day IR, retroactive, available Friday). Postma or Pardy for Tuesday? Status of Zach Redmond. Progress of Jacob Trouba. A lot of coaching from him last two days? Excited to finally start regular season. Importance of accountability.

To listen click here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: