Pre-Game Talk: October 1: Jets @ Oilers, 9pm CDT CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScrillaVilla

Sep 22, 2008
Edmonton
go see my friend @mparkatti for context... let's just say that Kane hurt the Oilers bad that day...

I already follow him, just dont happen to think that cherry picking shot differential from 1 pre-season game is a very effective argument against Belov. Having said that, he's far from the soul crushing defensemen that some on here have portrayed.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I already follow him, just dont happen to think that cherry picking shot differential from 1 pre-season game is a very effective argument against Belov. Having said that, he's far from the soul crushing defensemen that some on here have portrayed.

Nor did I...

Nor did I cherry pick also. The statistic was valid contextually due to what it was in response to.

If you look my argument was that they had no reason to fear him last time, so why would they now.

See: context.

Last edited:

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
I'm vibrating like a 12 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert in anticipation for this game.

Must win. Don't want to experience the flood of texts from Oilers fan friends like last time.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
This just may be me hoping to finally see the top 4 I want but what are the chances that Trouba slots into Clitty's spot?

Enstrom - Buff
Trouba - Bogo
Stuart - Postman

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
lol I had to wake you guys up. It appears it worked. In all fairness I wish your team well every time they don't play the Oilers...and I am truly happy you guys got your team back...this way we can give each other a hard time and have some fun. You guys have the second best fans in the league;)

While I have cheered for the Oilers quite a bit from about 97 until 2011; I would have a hard time anointing Edm as having the top fans. You're a Canadian city so that basically guarantees a top 10 spot in the league. HOWEVER after the first goal that EDM scored in the game last week (in Edmonton vs the Jets) I didn't see one person in the stands get out of their seats. It was just polite golf clapping. I know it was only pre-season but when your team scores to take a lead you usually want to make some noise. :)

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
This just may be me hoping to finally see the top 4 I want but what are the chances that Trouba slots into Clitty's spot?

Enstrom - Buff
Trouba - Bogo
Stuart - Postman

That is what is happening for tomorrows game.
Flip Bogo and Trouba though, Bogo is playing the offside.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Your selling him way too short here. He is actually pretty darn tough as a player and has gotten the best of numerous tough defenseman in this league in the forms of Doughty, Keith, and Weber. If Trouba and to a lesser extent Bogo don't keep their wits about them when he's on the ice he will torch them he's that good of a player.

The good news though is that Eakins has him playing an unfamiliar position in center and they have him lined up with a washed up Ryan Smyth so that should play into our favor.

You mean when doughty hit him and broke his shoulder?

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
Woot! The top 4 is what I was personally calling for in the lineups thread!

I'd love to see Bogo succeed on the left side so those guys can play together for the next 7+ years.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
I guess I'll admit that I was previously wrong about how Wright is gonna be used on the 3rd line (at least thats what it sure looks like right now), but hey we've got Scheifele on the 2nd line!

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Looking forward to these lines! If anything, I would put Tangradi on the third line and switch Wright with Halischuk. Other than that, looking good. Also excited for our top 4 D. Guess it's time for me to go all in on our boys!

Go :jets Go!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
You mean when doughty hit him and broke his shoulder?

That shoulder was preinjured from junior.

All his other injuries have been absolute fluks. Skate caught in a divit while fighting and that skate incident in warm up. He played the whole year last year which is more than can be said for a bunch of are big tough players I.e Buff and Bongo. I'd take Hall on this team everyday of the week he's easily top 3 among current left wings in the league. Having said that I'm hoping we completely neutralize him tomorrow night!

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
Anyone else going to be hitting the refresh button on HFJets at Midnight to see the first GDT of the 2013/14 season?!!?!? Man im so ****ing pumped!!! **** yeah!!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
With regards to the game hoping that both the LLW and KSS lines click and that Pavs plays like he did his last start in the preseason.

5-2 Jets

With Kane, Little and Scheifele getting 1g and 1a each. Bogo and Ladd get the other goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad