GDT: Oct. 7th: Canucks @ Flames [8:00pm - Sportsnet]

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Flames played bad, but the Canucks played a pretty perfect game. Their passing was on point, their transition was quick and they were all over us the second we gained their zone.

Miller also looked incredible.

We played bad, but they played great. Nothing that can't be fixed. Hamilton needs to watch some tapes of Brodie and the role he played with Gio cause he's got the talent to be that guy, just didn't seem to have the confidence that he was doing it right.

Ferland looked like an NHLer, Gaudreau had no impact, Frolik played as advertised, Ramo was great, only the first goal maybe should have been stopped, can't really blame him on the rest (which sucks cause I have him in fantasy :cry: )

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if we went sub-500 in the first 15. Lots of new dynamics going on and the teams needs to gel. S'all good.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Guys, it's probably going to take Hamilton 15-20 games to really settle in. Our system is a lot different than the Bruins, so that plays a big part. Being comfortable really impacts your decision making to and not worrying about making a mistake. It's game 1 of a long season. At least wait until we lose game 2 to say the sky is falling lol. Every game we will see more consistency with this team.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I hate seeing fans pile on certain guys after 1 game, frankly most of the team played bad. Piling on Wideman, Ramo, Hamilton or whomever is ridiculous at this point.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I think we got a lot worse when the lines got blended. Backlund was playing well, but got Bollig for a winger and disappeared from the game. Frolik had been magic with Backlund, but with Bennett he got nothing going.

Whatever, though. They can't not get better after that game.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Poor positioning/crashing into each other
Couldn't handle many passes
Guys running rogue to get something going...

Feels a little like the first time I watched the Mighty Ducks movie. That was a good movie with an ending I liked. :)

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Gaudreau was worse than invisible to my eye, at least offensively. Very tentative and was barely moving his feet when he had the puck. He had some very good backchecks though, good foot speed there.

Engelland is no good.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Saying they had a bad game isn't 'piling' on them.
Did you see all the comments after the own goal about how terrible he was? This was how it started with Anders Eriksson, one bad game against the Flyers and everyone hated him.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Hi friends, DRW fan here. This was the 1st game of the NHL season I decided to watch, and I wasn't disappointed. Fast, amazing game it was thrilling.

A humbling loss for the Flames, well so be it. Credit to VAN they played solid and am actually happy they've composed themselves to be a real hockey team again.

Every shift I saw the tap passes and incessant cycling back and forth from both squads, I swear I can't decipher who was the better team. The difference may have been Miller for Canucks- I thought old boy was done but obviously he has something to say about that.

Calgary Flames fans shouldn't read more into this opening home loss than what it is. It's a bit of a shock for how prepared the team was but it only proves the attention needed on every level. Also the fields of the supernatural and metaphysical (where the Sedin's appear to dwell in lol) I hope the Flames players encompass themselves. It's not always a matter of working harder, it's working smarter. The Flames are here, such an exciting brand of hockey the team is better than last year don't be discouraged by a home opening loss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad