GDT: Oct. 7th: Canucks @ Flames [8:00pm - Sportsnet]

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
tumblr_lq5shqz8Jk1qkuov4o1_500.jpg

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Great first ten minutes. Next 50 were terrible. Ferland, Frolik and the first line stood out in a good way.

Hamilton doesn't have the IQ of Brodie, granted, very few defensemen do. Pairings when everyone is healthy should be
Giordano-Brodie
Russell-Hamilton
Kulak/Engelland-Wideman

And based off the almighty one game sample size, Russell shouldn't be re-signed while Hudler absolutely should be. Wideman will be harder to trade than most think.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Well that was a game.

Basically everything that had me worried during the pre-season came to fruition. We basically had no transition game which made us successful last year, and we had no way to consistently gain the zone with speed, even on the PP.

Yes, basically every goal they scored was off a ridiculous bounce, but we really didn't deserve to win based on how much offence we generated. We put ourselves in the position to be overcome by bounces.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Wow some snap judgement being made here lol. I honestly don't understand the Ramo standing on his head talk he was our MVP because everyone else sucked however I didn't think he was that good at all it seemed like every time a shot was taken he kicked it right to a Nucks player but that's just my opinion on it

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Well, season's over.
FZz90zR.gif

Trade Jones, Russell and Hudler for picks and restart the rebuild.

In all seriousness, the Flames looked disjointed. Brodie can't came back soon enough.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Yup. Got this one out of the way early. I think they'll respond well after Hartley shreds them.

The coaches can now legitimately say "Last season means nothing, what you did means nothing, your accomplishments last season mean nothing, who's ready to work"?

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
As someone who has Hiller in his fantasy league, why didn't he start tonight? I thought he would hold the #1 like last year where he played incredibly well? So confused!

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Warrener pointed out on the radio how he didn't like how the Flames coasted and how sloppy they looked in the final pre-season game against the Jets with our full roster. Looks like it carried over here to this game. Which is a bit concerning.

Flames have to wake up on Saturday. Just unacceptable play by them tonight. Ridiculous.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Wow some snap judgement being made here lol. I honestly don't understand the Ramo standing on his head talk he was our MVP because everyone else sucked however I didn't think he was good at all it seemed like every time a shot was taken he kicked it right to a Nucks player but that's just my opinion on it

The 1st is the only one I really blame on him. Dude got shelled all game, multiple odd man rushes, poor defensive coverage, etc. Kinda hard to impress in that situation.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Kulak and Ferland both looked good. Also, Backlund and Frolik (as expected). Hamilton looks like he needs time to adjust to his surroundings, still. Hopefully that happens sooner than later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad