Observations XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quantum

Mar 4, 2017
Is it really the end of Fox sports preds Announcers Stu Grimson and company... why ? You guys won't have a locale feed for the rest of the playoff ?

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Is it really the end of Fox sports preds Announcers Stu Grimson and company... why ? You guys won't have a locale feed for the rest of the playoff ?

Radio yes, but I'm guessing once the first round is over, NBC has exclusive rights for the TV broadcast the rest of the way.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009

This isn't a bad thing at all. In fact, when I started to read your post I thought maybe Stu had been fired or quit, and I got excited.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Radio yes, but I'm guessing once the first round is over, NBC has exclusive rights for the TV broadcast the rest of the way.

This isn't a bad thing at all. In fact, when I started to read your post I thought maybe Stu had been fired or quit, and I got excited.

I put a question in the Broadcast Disappointment thread, thought it was better there than in Observations

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I'm just really upset we didn't get hit by any trolls in the first round. My banhammer was ready to go.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I got no words beyond thanking this team for putting me to shame. Thank you for proving me wrong boys.

Rinne... how much more can we say? He was fantastic.

Subban had his best game as a Predator last night. Absolutely great defensively.

Johansen was unreal in this series.

So many more people to praise, but too tired to remember it all.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Two observations... to me this is the most unexpected sweep in sports since the 1990 World Series(My team won then too! )

Secondly, this is in some ways like the situation the USA team was in after beating the USSR.... they still have more work to do.. and if we lose to the Blues(orWild)after sweeping the Hawks, like Herb says, they will take it to their effing graves.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I gave my tickets to my coworker and her husband who just started following the Preds this season. First playoff game for them. And what a playoff game! So happy for the city, the team and most of all the fans who have lived and died with this team for the last 19 years! :yo:

What have you done to the real hockeydiva? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Well I have a new "stupidest play I've ever seen".....It used to be Erat sending a blind pass to the slot while on the power play at the end of a game seven that the Preds were trying to run out the time on.

The new one....

PK Stupid sliding across the ice to take out his D partner who was playing one on one against Hossa and had him stood up. That idiot move almost cost the first goal for the Hawks and damn sure gave them their first sniff of true momentum in the game. Hopefully that play is on repeat in the locker room so it never happens again.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
for the next two days we wallow in the joy of almost surely the single greatest accomplishment in predator history with no worrying about the next one. come monday i will start worrying over the next one with us not having home ice against another really strong team.

but today, today we celebrate.

rinne
arvidsson, forsberg, johansen
sissons, fiala, watson, smith, zolnierczyk
josi, ellis, subban, ekholm, weber, irwin

all with a great series. when you have that many having great series, well you get what we just saw.

hard to believe that we just rolled that easily thru them with no goals from neal, fisher, jarnkrok, smith and no wilson at all. (not that any of them played poorly, they all contributed in some very important way)

25 years from now, you people will look back and say this was one of the top moments you ever saw in pred history no matter what the future holds.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Well I have a new "stupidest play I've ever seen".....It used to be Erat sending a blind pass to the slot while on the power play at the end of a game seven that the Preds were trying to run out the time on.

The new one....

PK Stupid sliding across the ice to take out his D partner who was playing one on one against Hossa and had him stood up. That idiot move almost cost the first goal for the Hawks and damn sure gave them their first sniff of true momentum in the game. Hopefully that play is on repeat in the locker room so it never happens again.

Oh give me a break. Erat's both in execution and context is MUCH worse than that play. Good feaking grief.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I know there are a lot of Titans haters here. But I saw a comment on Facebook comparing the Preds sweep to the Titans "Music City Miracle" win against the Bills. Not for how it played out, but for the pure emotional response that it triggered. And I hadn't thought about it until reading that, but it's absolutely true.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

The new one....

Are you serious??? The greatest day in Predators history and this is what you post?? Unbelievable.......

Come on man.......:shakehead

PREDilection

Little Doodle
Nov 10, 2014
Un! Freaking! Believable!

My wish has been granted. Total domination and destruction of the Hawks. Maybe, just maybe, this complete and utter beatdown has lasting ramifications to the psyche of the team and players. There is no organization that deserves it more.

So proud of this team and city! What a joy to wake up and see the entire city in an orgy of exaltation. I have some worry about the effect this extended layover might have for the team but at least we get to live in this state of nirvana for that entire period.

Also, I rarely, if ever, dip over to the opposing teams GDT. I had to this time. WOW! And I thought I hated Toews!

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Are you serious??? The greatest day in Predators history and this is what you post?? Unbelievable.......

Come on man.......:shakehead

Just because the game and day were good, doesn't mean a completely stupid play didn't happen. Although the same can be said about any game as every game has a stupid play at some point.

But to criticize someone for pointing an observation out....:shakehead

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Wow. What a freaking game. What a freaking SERIES! And this is just the first round!

Waiting to see if it'll be STL or MIN in round 2, but in the meantime I'll just be over here basking in the glow and catching up on my sleep while my throat heals before the next home game.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Just because the game and day were good, doesn't mean a completely stupid play didn't happen. Although the same can be said about any game as every game has a stupid play at some point.

But to criticize someone for pointing an observation out....:shakehead

So are you seriously defending a post that called him PK STUPID??? After the greatest win and night in franchise history?? Completely uncalled for.

Get the heck out of here- that was a completely ridiculous post and I will call it out every single time.... That would be like if I came on here and took the time to make a post bashing Sissons for his 4 minute penalty- again- come on man

There is a reason why there are a million posts on the boards about last night and that was the ONLY one with that kind of crap in it.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Subban was the teams best defender in his own zone and the neutral zone all series. Tremendous at puck recoveries and clearing the zone, dominated Toews every time they were on the ice together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00