Observations XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Haven't read much of what has been posted over the last few days but I want to make an observation......

What a difference coaching makes. Peter sticking with Fiala even though he has been a turnover machine in the defensive end is something that we've never seen with the Preds before. We've always seen the slow, old, un-creative veterans get the nod over a kid like that. Poile tried to stack the team with those players again but the coach is doing his thing and it's working!

I have to admit I've been very critical of Lavys coaching, but credit where credit is due he figured out the right switch to flip on this bunch. They haven't played like this all season.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Observation: I don't think Lavy has lost the room.

But honestly, this has to be the top. Not just knocking off the big brother, but sweeping and destroying them. Unbelievable. How can this possibly be? What an incredible feeling this is.

Now let's hope the wild and blues just go the distance and knock the hell out of each other.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Best quote of the Chicago GDT:

$21 mil in cap space got equalized in production by 4th-liner Colton Effing Sissons.

I'll tell you what though, you gotta give huge marks to Corey Crawford for his performance. He played absolutely incredible that game and he's the only reason it wasn't about 8-1. I told my wife during the second it was feeling like Crawford was going to steal it.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Best quote of the Chicago GDT:

I'll tell you what though, you gotta give huge marks to Corey Crawford for his performance. He played absolutely incredible that game and he's the only reason it wasn't about 8-1. I told my wife during the second it was feeling like Crawford was going to steal it.

Yeah some Chicago fans will put the blame on him, but without him they are probably down by 3 before the first is over. Chicago's forwards were just garbage in this series.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
OK hopefully the Wild/Blues series goes no more than 6. I want the boys to get some rest but they don't need to be sitting around for over a week.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I gave my tickets to my coworker and her husband who just started following the Preds this season. First playoff game for them. And what a playoff game! So happy for the city, the team and most of all the fans who have lived and died with this team for the last 19 years! :yo:

la flama blanca

Mar 14, 2012
Is it traditional for the losing coaches to skip the handshake line? Because Q and the other coaches went straight to the locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00