Observations XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
until we win the Cup we will be talking about that bullspit call for the rest of our existence as a team.

hopefully it wont take as long for history to make it right as it did for the Cardinals to get over Denkinger's blown call.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Sadly enough it's no just our fan base. I'm on the completely opposite side of the country right now and got stopped on 2 different occasion by people who wanted to talk about the Preds (was wearing a Preds shirt). In both conversations they brought up how we got screwed on that call. It seems the only voices saying to deal with it are from the NHL or Pens fans.

Now, with that said, there is no reason to think we would have won game 7 but it sure would have been nice to have a shot.

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
Just watched the final episode of the Showtime all-access show- if you haven't seen it, don't watch it if you don't think you can handle it. Not sure why I tortured myself- had to fast forward through most of it. But the Preds locker room scene after game 6 was pretty powerful (and sad) stuff....

My wife was crying watching that scene and I must say that it got a little dusty in the room for me, as well. Those guys do truly seem to love each other.

TheJungleHunter

Jun 6, 2017
Nashville, TN
Took a screenshot from the twitter jersey teaser released today. The jersey surrounding the shoulder patch seems to taper off and show a different texture on the arms of the jerseys.

Sorry for the quality. Had to upload the pic on here to post it.

picture.php

belle

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Pollock blows that whistle literally a quarter of the second later, the puck is already in the net and the goal counts. That's why it's so stupid. When you blow the whistle right as the stick is hitting the puck, there needs to be some discretion from the league to look at a couple of things.

1. Was the puck ever covered or covered for a sufficient amount of time that blowing the whistle could be considered if not the right call, a judgment call?

2. Did the whistle blowing, even if it was wrong and premature stop the play that was still happening?

Obviously the puck was never covered in question 1 and the play was just about to reach its conclusion when the whistle blew in question 2.

Now if the puck is laying in the crease and nobody's really near it and the whistle blows and then Sissons comes skating in and knocks the puck in two seconds later after everyone stopped because the whistle blew, that's different. It's still the wrong call for a premature whistle but you could at least make the argument that without the whistle, Murray would realize he didn't have the puck and would move to try to find it but there needs to be a replay every time in that scenario to see when the whistle was and where the puck was when the whistle blew. If the whistle doesn't effect the effort of the players on the play, the goal needs to count.

Since "intent to blow" counts the same as blowing, replay review would probably not resolve the issue. Intent to blow is joke. They have got to get rid of that loophole.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I saw several years ago where a ref actually did have a difficult time getting the whistle to his mouth, it came loose from his fingers and spun around or something... but he clearly made the motion to blow the whistle and just took an extra second to get the faulty whistle situated.

That's the only acceptable use of "Intent to blow" in my opinion.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
Intent to blow is the stupidest rule in all of sports! Why have a rule to cover a situation where a ref meant to mistakenly blow a play dead, but didn't? Their mistake that prevented them from blowing the whistle made up for their mistake to blow the whistle when the play was obviously not dead yet. In this case, two wrongs do make a right and three wrongs just make it wrong again. :shakehead

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
The same league that said a cross check to the back of subban's neck is ok, is the same league that will tell you intent to blow the whistle is in place to protect players from injury..

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Hossa is supposedly out for the season due to treatment related side effects for a skin condition. Does his salary still count against the cap? Did the Hawks just get a convenient out from his contract? :sarcasm:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Hossa is supposedly out for the season due to treatment related side effects for a skin condition. Does his salary still count against the cap? Did the Hawks just get a convenient out from his contract? :sarcasm:

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but since he is not "retiring" I believe they did just get a convenient out- hmmmmm

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Vopats rash redux?

Im trying to imagine a skin condition whose treatment would mean you couldn't play hockey. I hope the NHL fully vets this before giving the Hawks a pass.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
If this is "real" then I hate it for him. Sure is convenient.

I'd have liked it better if it had happened in 2010. I will hate him forever for scoring that goal.

That was Hossa, right?

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
It does seem fishy, but Hossa was also 100% worth his cap hit last season, so at least they're losing a good player even if they are cheating.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
well, at least if he retires his last game ever will be the one where they got swept by us.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
It does seem fishy, but Hossa was also 100% worth his cap hit last season, so at least they're losing a good player even if they are cheating.

yep agreed. hossa is still a big contributor for the hawks and it's not like they are sitting good with the cap even with the news of hossa.

still leaves a bad taste in your mouth with the narrative of certain teams getting away with things they shouldn't.. ala pittsburgh and those bs calls in game 1 and game 6.. (sorry couldn't resist)

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
yep agreed. hossa is still a big contributor for the hawks and it's not like they are sitting good with the cap even with the news of hossa.

still leaves a bad taste in your mouth with the narrative of certain teams getting away with things they shouldn't.. ala pittsburgh and those bs calls in game 1 and game 6.. (sorry couldn't resist)

Don't be too quick to judge. I'm praying Weber develops a rash in the last few years of his contract when he's ready to retire. That whole salary cap recapture thing scares the bejeezus out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad