Observations XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
And after all of that drama Aberg has a goal and an assist tonight-

Make that 1 goal and 2 assists now. Should have scratched him more often here and called him out publicly if that is what it would take to get him going :)

Last edited:

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Well if you look at where this Preds team is at right now and then imagine you get traded....it must be frustrating and apparently he has shown that in Edmonton. I know I'd be pretty disappointed, down, even angry.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
now, let's be honest and realistic here with this red hot streak. in our last 20 games, we have played 14 non-playoff teams.

todays's league ranking of our 20 last opponents;
31, 10, 29, 5, 18, 14, 16, 10, 30, 24, 5, 17, 8, 26, 28, 26, 20, 17, 27, 28
not exactly murderers row to be honest.

on the bright side, we have won all 6 games against 'ranked' opponents. WPG x 2, COL x 2, SJS, ANA.

but let's not get overly cocky about this streak of games.

now our last ten games opponent rankings;
6, 9, 5, 9, 8, 31, 2, 19, 7, 13

sighthndlady

Sep 29, 2006
We got absolutely no help last night, so none of our magic numbers have changed: Our next milestone is home ice for the first round, which means finishing ahead of Minnesota. We need 3 points either for us or from them. Technically Colorado could still tie us and would have more ROW, so 1 point relative to them.

Milestone #2 is the division win. Our magic number against Winnipeg is STILL 11.

Milestone #3 is the conference win. Our magic number against Vegas is 12. (San Jose 4)​

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Am I nuts for still being worried to death about the division??

I mean, an 8 point lead with 10 games left for a team that has 3 regulation losses in almost 3 months SHOULD be a lock.

But the pessimistic, paranoid side of me is still worried.

Our schedule is BRUTAL- starting Thursday, we finish the year with 10 games in 17 days with no more than 1 day off between games. And 9 of the 10 games are against likely playoff teams. We probably have the most difficult remaining schedule in the entire league.

Winnipeg’s schedule is much easier- they have only 4 games left against playoff teams and 3 of them are at home. And they have 4 games against bottom feeding, awful teams, including two against the Blackhawks. Their last 4 games- Ottawa, Montreal, Calgary (who will be eliminated by that time), and Chicago. Our last 4? At Tampa, at Florida, at Washington, and Columbus. Yikes.

I worry about this weekend- we really need to win the Toronto home game, because we have a brutal back to back at Minnesota and Winnipeg this weekend. I really wish we did not have another game with the Jets- what are the odds of us beating them for a third straight time in less than a month?

I think this weekend is critical- if we can get through this weekend and maintain at least a 6-8 point lead I think we are home free.

Having said all of that, when you step back and look at the big picture, if we go just 5-5 in the final 10, Winnipeg will have to go 9-0. Surely we can at least manage 5-5, right? right? LOL

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Just think about how their fans feel never getting "any help" from the teams the Preds are playing. :laugh::help:
Not that I really care how they feel...screw 'em.

Yep- exactly. I mean, it feels to me like the Jets never, ever lose- yet they are 7-2-1 in the last 10 while we are 9-0-1.

I am sure other teams fans are really hating us right now.......:nod:

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

sighthndlady

Sep 29, 2006
Just think about how their fans feel never getting "any help" from the teams the Preds are playing. :laugh::help:
Not that I really care how they feel...screw 'em.
On the other hand, the teams that are fighting for a playoff spot are just delighted that we keep winning against teams around them.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
One thing is for sure- we won’t have to worry about breaks anymore after today- 10 games in 17 days starting tomorrow

Hope we can get through that meat grinder with no injuries

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
And I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, but I feel like us signing Fisher was definitely more for Fisher than it was for us. I know he just got a goal last night, but the contribution so far hasn't been remarkable to me.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
And I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, but I feel like us signing Fisher was definitely more for Fisher than it was for us. I know he just got a goal last night, but the contribution so far hasn't been remarkable to me.
Why would you get flamed? Sure there are other reasons but I agree that having him come back because of the possibility to finally win a cup is a big motivator.

Reactions: myFialabot

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty

He still has enough in the tank to penalty kill and play in a shut down role. Those are important things. I was hoping for Fisher of old, but if he is just a depth 4C then that's still a good thing in the playoffs.

Reactions: SouthNash

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I hadn't really watched him much until Steve mentioned something about him, but the last few games I've paid more attention to Fisher and he definitely looks hurried in his decisions, he's putting the puck into odd places because he's feeling pressure and getting rid of it too quickly.

Hopefully he regains his mental speed soon, it must be a difficult thing to build up again once you've shut it down.

But overall as a 4C he hasn't been bad and should only get better. I'd rather have that extra body available than not, especially if we've got another deep run ahead of us.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
nothing about fisher has surprised me so far. knew it would take time to even be half the player he was just last year. he gives us depth which is all one can ask right now. soon I expect to see quite a bit more.

and I recommend everyone take a snapshot of the current standings right now just to save and savor in the future if things don't go well these last ten games.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Why would you get flamed? Sure there are other reasons but I agree that having him come back because of the possibility to finally win a cup is a big motivator.
I mean, he is the former captain and so part of me thought I shouldn't even post about it...good to know others have seen things similarly. I forgot we aren't Blackhawks or Habs fans that put on the blinders in the name of loyalty..lol

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think Fisher will get better. Not only is he trying to get up to speed but he is getting up to post trade deadline/playoff push speed. I'm not surprised by his play but do think it will get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad