Observations XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Saying stuff like this makes a fan since 2003 get the nervous sweats. I know some of you are older timers than that, but for me, thinking about a President's Trophy and a divisional banner are almost too much to think about it.

Not to mention clinching home ice advantage.

The only down side I could see happening with all of that is if we draw the Kings or Calgary. Those are the two teams I fear in the first round. Quick is a playoff monster and we always seem to crap the bed against Calgary.

This is not directed at you Yoshi, but I really think the Kings could finish dead last in the league for 5 years and in year 6 people would still be saying "I don't want to face the Kings". People say this all the time.

The fact is- the Kings have not won a single playoff series since winning the Cup in 2014, and have only ONE playoff win since then. (For comparisons sake, the Preds have TWENTY-THREE playoff wins during that span).

Having said all of that, they kind of scare me too- lol :D. But I agree with 303 above, there isn't a single bubble team in the West that doesn't scare the crap out of me. We will face one of these teams:

Dallas
SJ
LA
Colorado
Anaheim
Calgary
St Louis

And I would be worried facing any of those teams, even St Louis....

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
The only team on that list that could hang with us is LA and possibly Anaheim. SJ isn't what they once were and the other Central teams not named Winnipeg we would crush.

Reactions: SouthNash

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Honestly I do think we are the best team in the West. I've been very negative in years past. I was however one of the few last year who thought we would match up well with the Hawks. Someone is going to have to win 4 games against us while we have home ice. It's going to be a very difficult task. Our roster has 6 series worth of playoff experience the last 2 years and you can never discount how much of a factor that is. The team has just been really good in almost every aspect since the return of Ellis.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fact that we are not only one of the two consensus Cup favorites but we are now the team with more playoff experience than just about any other team (other than Pitt)

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fact that we are not only one of the two consensus Cup favorites but we are now the team with more playoff experience than just about any other team (other than Pitt)
Yeah I remember trying to sign and trade for players with playoff experience because we lacked any on our roster. Our players that are 24-28 have loads of experience.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Rather have it happen now than in the playoffs. Still, this sucks big time. Calle is a huge part of this team and was having a career year. Fortunately, he'll be back in the playoffs.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
now i'm pissed. was hoping by some miracle to avoid the jets before. now I want to play them and crush their hopes and dreams. or maybe we just hurt some key player of theirs next weekend with one of our 4th liners.
I agree that Solamaki should get some playing time next game and find someone "watching their pass".

Reactions: myFialabot

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'd be perfectly happy waiting til the playoffs and then showing the NHL what goalie interference really is.

Oh and I can guarantee instead of being nice and floating because we got the game in hand I'm betting that score looks more like 10-0.

Reactions: myFialabot

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Team PR says "rest of regular season," but Lavy seems to intimate that it's doubtful he'll be back at all this year.
Do you think that's what he meant, or was that the normal Lavy "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you" super secret injury propaganda.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Do you think that's what he meant, or was that the normal Lavy "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you" super secret injury propaganda.
i think he is done unless we make it to the western finals again. even then, would it be smart to throw him in the middle of a series say game 3 against vegas?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Team PR says "rest of regular season," but Lavy seems to intimate that it's doubtful he'll be back at all this year.

Probably because he does want to assume we make the conference finals/cup finals. I would guess if we are still playing in June Calle will be on the bench

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
And now we survey the whole league beneath us.... no tiebreaker or game in hand needed...

I could get used to this...

Last edited:

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Slightly off topic, but after tonight I'm really hoping that when Seattle starts the league moves Colorado to the Pacific and puts Edmonton and Calgary in the Central. Even if that means dealing with McDavid more often throughout his career. Midnight is too late for a regular season, division game to end in regulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad