Observations V

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
With Wilson and Neal out this is going to be harder to win then it should. Arvidsson Ribero Bourque as our 1st line is funny. We'll see how it goes as the lines will change if it doesn't work.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
There has to be some sort of (not so) clever name for the 3rd line of all Swedes.

Meatballs. Ikea. Line so Swede.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
I know line labeling is meaningless, but I'd list the lines this way:
Cullen-Fisher-Smith
Forsberg-Jarnkrok-Stalberg
Arvidsson-RIbeiro-Bourque
Beck-Gaustad-Santorelli

Ribeiro's ice time has been shrinking lately. It's really time for Jarnkrok to step up

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Confirmed Hackett in net for Buffalo tonight. Deep breath we should win this one.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
The term "must win game" is dramatically overused but I do believe tonight qualifies.

And, as an aside, anyone who thinks the lawsuit pending against Ribeiro hasn't affected his mental status, has obviously never been sued.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
And, as an aside, anyone who thinks the lawsuit pending against Ribeiro hasn't affected his mental status, has obviously never been sued.
I've never been sued, but the fact that his career as he knows it is likely over if anything serious comes out of it is probably the worst part.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I've never been sued, but the fact that his career as he knows it is likely over if anything serious comes out of it is probably the worst part.

I disagree........everything he's going through now mentally is the worst part.
He's 35. His career being over is nothing compared to the stress of a lawsuit.

If you've never been sued or been involved in lawsuits, I don't think you really understand.

And for tonight........play you turkeys---- when you play like a team you can have a gdt.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
With the Blues loss today we can even back up in points with them tonight and they only have one game on hand. Our good buddy Spezza will do us a favor and Dallas will beat Chicago tonight. Then we are right in thick on things again. POSITIVITY

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
With the Blues loss today we can even back up in points with them tonight and they only have one game on hand. Our good buddy Spezza will do us a favor and Dallas will beat Chicago tonight. Then we are right in thick on things again. POSITIVITY

Considering the misery we've had the past 3 weeks it is almost hard to believe that we could still be tied for the division lead tonight.

It again just shows just how good our season was until the slump hit.

We can still win the division- another thing that could help us- Blues/Hawks have 2 more games- hopefully those aren't 3 point games. We'll get help either way.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Well the ride home was a little easier with a win but it was really a underwhelming game. Perhaps I expected too much the one team in the league I know as well as the Preds is Buffalo. And the Preds should have just destroyed this team. The defense was ok as was Pekka but then again it was Buffalo. The glass half full guys are going to be happy I know but this team is in trouble.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Or just like normal you can't enjoy a win :p

Byrddog: Guys I know you put up 3 and had a shutout but that's just not good enough.

* Byrddog gets a locker room full of middle fingers *

Last edited:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
At no point during the game were we not controlling the play. We beat them pretty handily. I'm not sure what would have been "satisfying". Hell, we even scored on the power play. This one was a damned if you do, damned if you don't game for some people unless we won like 14-0 and didn't allow a shot on goal all night while Pekka is just sitting in his crease eating nachos during the game.

Last edited:

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
whew. finally could sleep decently after a hockey game again.

liked our jump. liked our effort. liked our defensive effort those first two periods. liked rinne especially in the third. liked the new kids game. liked the final score.

only criticisms I really had were our lack of traffic to the net till the third and the overall lack of finish, but without Wilson and Neal both of those were sort of expected. right now we're a perimeter team with small players on the ice. the team we iced last night can't beat a team with size and a good goalie very often. we have to have those two guys back. a few other thoughts the morning after;

..Beck and Cullen. strange to think they have become our leading scorers the last 10 or so games. but they have been.
..bourque, jarnkrok and santorelli got the vast bulk of our scoring chances. part of the reason we had no finish. bourque and jarnkrok both get chance after chance after chance open in the low slot. and never finish. give them credit for getting into a scoring position, but jeezus guys you have to actually score every now and then.
..we had several guys who played hard, just not very well.
..smith gets more chances than anyone in our top 6. that's through all out effort. he fluffs at least 2-3 good scoring chances every game, but again that's because of effort that got him those chances.
..smith our leading goal scorer again. he was 5th on the team about 3 weeks ago. shows our top end slump.
..somehow we have to reignite Forsberg and Ribeiro. without them producing at a high level, this is basically last year's team. and more than anything else why we've been in such a funk. neither was very good last night again.
..Jones-Franson were the weakest pair on the ice for us. both played poorly. franson early, jones randomly throughout. too many careless passes and giveaways. good teams would have made us pay for a couple of those.

about a 6 game winning streak could work miracles right now. seems and is unlikely. but it's hockey, anything is always possible.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Steve, the funny thing about Jarnkrok and finish is he just doesn't get his shot off quick enough. I have never seen a player or can remember one that gets his shot blocked or tipped more than Jarnkrok. He is a half second too slow when he shoots. Many times he's settling it down and then he takes this long wind up. Imagine it was him instead of Smith for the rebound last night. I'm not sure that one goes in....lol.

He has to learn to release the puck quicker and not wait for the defender to be upon him. The only thing that would rectify it is if he tried to get around the player as they're going to block the shot and he has them out of position and he can deke them. Not a good long term solution though.

Franson needs to sit. What was with the pass up the middle of the ice last night? Really? Been in the league this long and still making a pass or clearing attempt up the middle of the ice from behind the net? Put Volchenkov back out there. He's a better fit with Jones, delivers punishment and allows Jones to play his stronger side.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Steve, the funny thing about Jarnkrok and finish is he just doesn't get his shot off quick enough. I have never seen a player or can remember one that gets his shot blocked or tipped more than Jarnkrok. He is a half second too slow when he shoots. Many times he's settling it down and then he takes this long wind up. Imagine it was him instead of Smith for the rebound last night. I'm not sure that one goes in....lol.

He has to learn to release the puck quicker and not wait for the defender to be upon him. The only thing that would rectify it is if he tried to get around the player as they're going to block the shot and he has them out of position and he can deke them. Not a good long term solution though.

Franson needs to sit. What was with the pass up the middle of the ice last night? Really? Been in the league this long and still making a pass or clearing attempt up the middle of the ice from behind the net? Put Volchenkov back out there. He's a better fit with Jones, delivers punishment and allows Jones to play his stronger side.

Franson made that ******* play twice last night! I was friggin livid. That's some straight up Toronto "I am a better player than you so watch this" ******** right there. I didn't like Jones last night. I hopen it is just because he is playing his weak side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille