Observations, Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
The 1st Beneath the Ice is episode is out at the Preds site. I love this series. Getting to see inside the locker room is so cool. It goes up through the opening game.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
The 1st Beneath the Ice is episode is out at the Preds site. I love this series. Getting to see inside the locker room is so cool. It goes up through the opening game.

Great episode, I love all the mic'd up stuff. I hope they are all this long, 16 minutes is so much better than 7 to get a real look inside of what they are doing. :handclap:

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
:help:
Great episode, I love all the mic'd up stuff. I hope they are all this long, 16 minutes is so much better than 7 to get a real look inside of what they are doing. :handclap:

They did say there were going to have more episodes this season. I can't wait to see how they handle the food poisoning. :help:

Last edited:

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
i always miss when we don't have a game for a few days.... but if there was ever a time we needed an extra day of recovery this is it I guess.

David Singleton

Jun 23, 2005
Dickson, TN
Matt Irwin recalled...

Preds have announced that Matt Irwin has been recalled. This does not appear to be a recall under emergency conditions. If true that it's not an emergency recall, Irwin would be subject to waivers under certain circumstances.

Since he has passed unclaimed through waivers previously this season (10/2/2016), he may be sent back down without passing through waivers again unless he plays in 10 or more games or is still on the roster on 11/2. That window is in 13.2 (b) of the CBA.

If he plays in 10 games or is here on 11/2, and is then sent back down, he must pass through waivers again as he is no longer waiver-exempt since he is beyond the age of 26 (see this on CapFriendly).

Edited to clarify the window of exemption that is available on Irwin given he passed through waivers earlier. Thanks to @Predalytics for reminding me of that clause.

Last edited:

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Preds have announced that Matt Irwin has been recalled. This does not appear to be a recall under emergency conditions. If true that it's not an emergency recall, Irwin would be subject to waivers if sent back down as he is no longer waiver-exempt since he is beyond the age of 26 (see this on CapFriendly).

I don't know anything about him. Any chance he's good enough to keep up and let Carle ride the pine?

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
They're going on a west coast trip and without 2-bit they are only carrying 6 d-men. He's insurance in case someone gets hurt or can't go for whatever reason. We have a back to back Wed/Thu so it may be hard to get someone out to the west coast if an injury happens on Wednesday. Notice we also kept Watson up as well as one of the other call ups at forward from Milwaukee for the same reason to have an extra forward on the roster.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.

think what you want.

..we had 4 defenseman giveaways in our own defensive zone leading directly to great scoring chances
..we gave up 4 odd man rushes or breakaways
..we allowed 35 shots on net, 4th straight game allowing more than 35 shots
..we got hammered in the faceoff dot 61% to 39%
..we were outhit officially 26-6.

It was a great result and a fine effort and saros greatly outplayed fleury and their defense played terribad, but no, I don't think we played that great of a game.

my highlighting above

Not being a smart a$$ ....Outscoring the opponent 5 - 1 does not count toward a good/great game from your perspective, what are your minimum standards for a good/great game? .

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
my highlighting above

Not being a smart a$$ ....Outscoring the opponent 5 - 1 does not count toward a good/great game from your perspective, what are your minimum standards for a good/great game? .
Not having the things he pointed out happen is probably a start.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
we gave up too many shots and too many odd man rushes and made too many defensive zone turnovers to say we played a 'great' game.

again, I think it was a great effort and a great result and I liked the speed, desire and attack mentality we showed...but we can and need to play much better in our own zone.

David Singleton

Jun 23, 2005
Dickson, TN
Carle just played his first decent game as a Predator, so I doubt that's the case.

David -- as mentioned on Twitter, I believe that since he passed through waivers less than 30 days ago, he can be recalled\reassigned without having to clear again.

Sorry I didn't respond quicker. Yes, he's exempt for a little while longer...

The full rule from the CBA (13.2.b):

(b) the Player has not played in ten (10) or more NHL Games cumulative since
Regular Waivers on him were last cleared, and more than thirty (30) days cumulative on an NHL
roster have not passed since Regular Waivers on him were last cleared.​

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Not having the things he pointed out happen is probably a start.

Obviously but

I was hoping for some quantification, fewer than 2 defensive give-aways, fewer than 1 odd man rush per period, fewer than 25 SOG, at least one goal from each of the top 2 lines, even or more hits for us, obviously better than 50% on face offs, more blocked shots, ...

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
sold out of every size subban except the really big sizes at the pro shop and not sure when they are going to have more in stock.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
sold out of every size subban except the really big sizes at the pro shop and not sure when they are going to have more in stock.

Jerseys I assume??

I may have posted this somewhere else on here, but one of my biggest pet peeves with Preds team store remains jerseys. Why they don't have more ready to buy customized jerseys I will never understand. Last year, for the few jerseys they had in the store, about 75% of them were XXL and up.

Every other pro team store I have been to has jerseys for just about every player in every size ready to buy off the rack. But not the Preds. Every Preds jersey I have bought in the past 5 years has been from somewhere other than the team store. Dick's in Cool springs has more Forsberg jerseys than the team store does.

They should NEVER EVER be out of Subban jerseys in any size- period.

I don't get it...........

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
we gave up too many shots and too many odd man rushes and made too many defensive zone turnovers to say we played a 'great' game.

again, I think it was a great effort and a great result and I liked the speed, desire and attack mentality we showed...but we can and need to play much better in our own zone.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you completely, but when you consider the circumstances surrounding the game (food poisoning) and the lineup we threw out there- to me it is hard to say anything negative about that game whatsoever.

Also, about 40% of their shots came in the third period which was pretty much garbage time anyway- we outshot them in the first two periods, when the game was still in doubt.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Jerseys I assume??

I may have posted this somewhere else on here, but one of my biggest pet peeves with Preds team store remains jerseys. Why they don't have more ready to buy customized jerseys I will never understand. Last year, for the few jerseys they had in the store, about 75% of them were XXL and up.

Every other pro team store I have been to has jerseys for just about every player in every size ready to buy off the rack. But not the Preds. Every Preds jersey I have bought in the past 5 years has been from somewhere other than the team store. Dick's in Cool springs has more Forsberg jerseys than the team store does.

They should NEVER EVER be out of Subban jerseys in any size- period.

I don't get it...........
Yes. Was hoping that there would be more inventory with the new massive pro shop but there is more store dedicated to selling t-shirts, scarves and children's clothes than jerseys.

David Singleton

Jun 23, 2005
Dickson, TN
Carle just played his first decent game as a Predator, so I doubt that's the case.

David -- as mentioned on Twitter, I believe that since he passed through waivers less than 30 days ago, he can be recalled\reassigned without having to clear again.

I don't know if Carle will be scratched or if it's a "just in case". That said, both Irwin and Carle shoot left.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Yes. Was hoping that there would be more inventory with the new massive pro shop but there is more store dedicated to selling t-shirts, scarves and children's clothes than jerseys.
I've been to other NHL in-arena team stores in Florida, Anaheim and LA and the majority of their inventory is definitely not actual jerseys.

I think the demand is higher than people were anticipating.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I've been to other NHL in-arena team stores in Florida, Anaheim and LA and the majority of their inventory is definitely not actual jerseys.

I think the demand is higher than people were anticipating.

This is not a PK thing, it's a general jersey issue. I think I saw about 5 jerseys (all players) that were not xxl or bigger. All the team sells are blanks and they in turn hope you customize them.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
This is not a PK thing, it's a general jersey issue. I think I saw about 5 jerseys (all players) that were not xxl or bigger. All the team sells are blanks and they in turn hope you customize them.
I will agree that the player jersey selection sucks

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

Yes- exactly. And buying a blank and getting it customized is a huge pain.

They would sell so many more if they just had them ready to go. And it makes no sense whatsoever that 80% of what they do have for sale are XX OR XXXL, but it has been that way for several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad