Observations, Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
came home early today, just couldn't focus on anything but the game.. this waiting is torture... while i'm super anxious to get it started, at the same time i really dread it too.

i can honestly say, like others, i won't enjoy this game at all until the final horn blows and we have won... will be very hard to watch..

and while we all know we are underdogs, losing would be heartbreaking after coming this far and doing this much to even be here..

so here's to good luck to all of us my hockey friends.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
OK, Steve has posted here so its Kosher

Agree with RY... Obs Part 12 = Fisher time.

There are only three circumstances in which a sports fans favorite team doesn't end their season with a crushing defeat. One is failing to make the postseason. Another is when expectations have been exceeded, and a loss, while disappointing, doesn't dampen the enjoyment of unexpected success. And the last of course is winning it all.

A win tonight puts us in that second category.

A loss tonight will be the most devastating for me since the game 5 blunder vs Chicago in 2010.

So, just win. Somehow. Win.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Someone is bored, anxious, and a little tipsy while waiting for the game to start.....Pred303 is dropping eff-bombs everywhere, including the Stanley Cup Playoff board. :laugh:

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
lol.. all of the above fangs..

for those that don't know this guy, fangs and I sat together in 303 back during the beginning years... a good preds fan and smart hockey guy right here

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
lol.. all of the above fangs..

for those that don't know this guy, fangs and I sat together in 303 back during the beginning years... a good preds fan and smart hockey guy right here
Awww, make me blush.

In all seriousness those were great times watching this team go from expansion franchise to playoff team. And now this is the time for the franchise to take the next step to a true contender!

Last edited:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
OK, Steve has posted here so its Kosher

Agree with RY... Obs Part 12 = Fisher time.

There are only three circumstances in which a sports fans favorite team doesn't end their season with a crushing defeat. One is failing to make the postseason. Another is when expectations have been exceeded, and a loss, while disappointing, doesn't dampen the enjoyment of unexpected success. And the last of course is winning it all.

A win tonight puts us in that second category.

A loss tonight will be the most devastating for me since the game 5 blunder vs Chicago in 2010.

So, just win. Somehow. Win.

For what its worth, I think we are in the second category even with a loss tonight....

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Still love this team. They will learn from this and be stronger next year

1,000% correct. Don't get me wrong- this game will sting for a little while. But we had a great, great run- no matter how bad this game was, we were one of the last 5 teams left standing. That is a great season, period. And the future looks even better, in my opinion.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I already see many on here completely overreacting and making completely ridiculous comments, as if somehow now this is a disappointing season. Really?? Come on, don't do it- don't be THAT guy. This was a great season.....

But unfortunately that plea will probably fall on deaf ears- probably have to take a break from this board if that is the case......

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
Terrible finish but a good series. Johansen, Forsberg, Weber, and Josi were all disappointments. However when your bottom six doesn't contribute at all you are in serious trouble.

PREDilection

Little Doodle
Nov 10, 2014
As I watched the game and things went from bad to worse to comical and then just sad, it slowly began to dawn on me. I believe what we might have witnessed was what I will henceforth call the Selena Gomez Effect. Almost a full month of 1 on and 1 off nights. Then they finally get an extra day off and now their playing on their off day. Their body and mind is conditioned for this to be a day of rest. And boy did they play like it. In reality I'm probably half joking with this statement. But I feel like this combined with the fatigue of continuous play, extensive travel and dramatic games left us with nothing in the tank. I for one, see the bright future for this team if correct decisions are made. This was a horrible smudge on an otherwise great post season. That will sting. But I'm already looking at the future (well, at least that's what denial is like at the moment.)

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
This stings and it will sting for a while. But moving away from this game, looking back at the season, it was a fun season. A good season. I'm so proud of the Predators for getting farther than anyone ever believed they would. I feel bad for some of our guys, they are just such good, nice guys.

Yeah there were some ups and downs, but exciting things happened. The all-star weekend, the trade, the drive to the post season, the ot wins. It was an historical season for us, we got farther than we ever had before.

The way the city and everyone came together was so incredible to see. They built up so much good will in the city. After 20 years the team finally was getting the love/recognition from the city that some of us think they should have had for a long time. It sucks that this ride is going to end. This city was just electric this past month. It's undeniable that we grew the fan base with this run. And I guarantee you that some players out there were watching this and may now have Nashville in their mind for potential landing spots. They may not pick us in the end, but we will be on more players list.

Being down in each series 3-2, some wondered what the crowd would be like for game 6 in each series. I knew it would be sold out, but I'm so proud of how rabid the fans were in each game. It was incredible. Not one building has had the fan support we have. No one has the standing-O's that can help will this team to victory like we do. Since it ended this way, I'm just happy that our last 2 home games were incredible OT wins. A triple OT and a single OT game that we won, for the first time in our history getting home overtime wins! At least that is our lasting home memory for this season.

You know, we're really not that far away. We have some good pieces. And some of those are quite young, and only getting better. We just need a few tweaks and some more consistent play from some of our players.

I already can't wait until next season!! The good thing about this run, camp opens in 4 months, the season about 5 months! It will go by quick, I promise.

And with all that said, now I'm going to go cry myself to sleep. :cry:

PREDilection

Little Doodle
Nov 10, 2014
On a separate note. Rinne. Obviously not his finest hour. The man is such a fierce competitor and it finally got to him. The stick breaking and charging off the ice are the end result of this. I can't imagine how it must feel to feel like you completely let your team down at such a pivotal moment. Make no mistake this was a complete team failure, but you know how Rinne sees it. He puts it all on him. Sometimes he rises to the occasion, but when he doesn't, it's more than he can take.

For the most part I've always had four levels for Rinne's play (add bad this year).

Good

Great

Superhuman

God Like

Unfortunately, it's been quite some time since I've seen God Like Rinne. There were glimpses of Superhuman in this playoffs but never God Like. Take for instance the go ahead goal in the third for San Jose in game 6 where he stumbled and desperately threw his glove out to make the save. God Like Rinne makes that save.

I sure hope his best days aren't behind him. If so, this will become one of the most glaring and difficult holes we have to fill in the coming years (his contract alone). I still hold out hope that he still has that level of play in him that made him one if the best in the world. And before you say that this team was good enough they should have only needed Good to Great Rinne, just look at Dallas.

Alright, this is probably the most I've posted in the 10 or so years I've been reading this forum. I will admit, it is quite cathartic.

Last edited:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Nah, Rinne showed in these playoffs that he has some life left. This absolutely wasn't his fault.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
When you don't break 10 SOG til the third period it's really hard for me to put anything on the goaltending, no matter who they are and what expectations you have of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia