Observations, Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
I agree and have mentioned it before about the pro-shop having a poor jersey selection this year.

Due to this, they indirectly sent me to Dick's to purchase a new jersey. I noticed that even at Dick's the 9, 18, 35 and 76 had different materials used for the lettering and numbers. All were home gold, of all sizes, aside from the Forsberg's which they had the whites of.

I've attached a photo below of what I'm referring to when saying different materials for the plates and numerals. The 08/11 Weber was purchased at Sports Seasons that year. The 08/12 Weber was bought at the Preds pro-shop either in the summer of '14 or '15. Finally, the 08/15 Forsberg was purchased at Dick's sporting goods.

In my opinion, the pro-shop should have the top four D and the first three lines of O in stock. I went to a couple of games at Nationwide a few years ago and they had jersey's out the rear and of multiple players.

Preds are probably getting more bang for the buck selling $40 t-shirts hence the poor jersey selection and allocations.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
My problem with the whole in-house customization thing is that they're inconsistent in the way it looks and you don't know what you're getting. When I got my Seth Jones jersey it was that way. When I initially got it done I thought it looked a little cheap and ironed on. I had to get it re-done from scratch because it started to peel off (they did it for free) but although it's not perfect it had a higher quality look IMO. The first picture was the original and the second was the remake. Clearly different letters.........

IMAG1201_1.jpg

IMAG1477_BURST002_COVER.jpg

PREDilection

Little Doodle
Nov 10, 2014
Forsberg with 2 assists but still didn't play well overall. he's really forcing it right now, as goal scorers not scoring goals tend to do. we badly need for 1 or 2 of his to go in soon.
..the problem with Forsberg right now is he trying to generate everything himself and he's not getting the puck in high danger places. he needs to get to the slot and someone get him shots.

This seems to be something that happens to Forsberg rather quickly and easily. When he goes a few games without a goal he starts to try and skate his way through the entire team and do it all himself (often coming pretty damn close). I would have hoped he would grow out of this, and perhaps he will, but it sure doesn't seem to take long before he reverts back to this style. I mean, we've only played five games. Maybe it carried over from the Worlds?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
This seems to be something that happens to Forsberg rather quickly and easily. When he goes a few games without a goal he starts to try and skate his way through the entire team and do it all himself (often coming pretty damn close). I would have hoped he would grow out of this, and perhaps he will, but it sure doesn't seem to take long before he reverts back to this style. I mean, we've only played five games. Maybe it carried over from the Worlds?

He started last season the same way. Once he scores a few he will stop pressing so hard.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
we need someone to get Forsberg the puck in scoring spots a few times... that would break the ice for him.. that's one of the problems with him lined with fisher is that fisher isn't a playmaker, so forsberg tries to go solo everytime he touches the puck.. and with his shot, he's most dangerous as a sniper

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Every goal scorer ever.

Neal hasn't scored yet either btw.

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
Hi Preds, how has Ekholm looked so far ?

I have him in fantasy atm and he hasn't lit the lamp just yet but I have faith. I've seen dailyfaceoff list him playing on the top PP unit. Is that true and if so do you expect him to stay there? Any insights on him would be appreciated . Feel free to pm if its easier. Thanks !

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I hope Irwin doesn't get into lineup. Even as bad as Carle can be most of the time, he's still a better option than Irwin. This guy got into two games with the Bruins last season, went -5 and never sniffed the NHL after that, and that blueline group was terrible, almost any NHL capable defender would have been an upgrade for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad