Observations, Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Fiala needs to just trust the system and try not to do everything himself. I'm sure there's quite a bit of that going on with him. He's our team's top prospect so if he goes out and plays his game to the best of his abilities, he'll get the attention of the team and coaches. He doesn't need to be a superstar in every game to get to the NHL.

This is exactly it. In an effort to not go to Milwaukee, he tried TOO hard which in turn caused too many mistakes and ended up costing him a spot and sent him to Milwaukee.

van22

May 25, 2014
For players 25 and up, they are waiver exempt until 1 game played or 1 year after signing their first contract, whichever comes first.

Kind of makes sense they would send him down now, because he'll have to pass through waivers once he plays an NHL game

I think Moses is waiver exempt for the full year. From article 13.4 of the CBA: A Player 25 years old or older who plays in one (1) or more Professional Games in any season shall be exempt from Regular Waivers for the remainder of that season.

In his case, AHL games are considered professional games (same article): For Players age 20 or older, Professional Games include NHL Games, all minor league regular season and playoff games and any other professional games, including but not limited to, play in European leagues when Player is on Loan to such club, and while Player is party to an SPC.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
You have to hope Fiala looks at what a year in Milwaukee did for Forsberg and just chills out and listens to the coaches and tries to learn how to play the NHL game with men.

If he goes out and tries to grandstand just to put up gaudy numbers which he thinks will hastemn his return, or conversely, if he pouts, it will hurt his development.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
that is just brutally bad. I understand helmets arent merchandise items like jerseys but dear God didnt they at least show those to a test audience before deciding to go all in on "gold"

van22

May 25, 2014
You have to hope Fiala looks at what a year in Milwaukee did for Forsberg and just chills out and listens to the coaches and tries to learn how to play the NHL game with men.

If he goes out and tries to grandstand just to put up gaudy numbers which he thinks will hastemn his return, or conversely, if he pouts, it will hurt his development.

Doesn't seem like he is pouting... Evason even used the word "wonderful" to describe his attitude. He went on to say that it's not just that he was saying the right things but that he worked real hard at practice and that it was even more telling than words.
Audio link here: http://admiralsroundtable.com/2015/09/29/the-chatterbox-vol-82/

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN

gross_zpsmjxmc9hr.gif

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Not an insider so I can't read it, but I will say....as good as I think he is....I often wonder how many elite goalies get pulled as often as he does. He can be incredible or, when he's off, straight-up bad.

All goalies have off nights and get pulled some. Just like all defensemen get burned all playmakers make bad turnovers

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
Looks like Hodgson was really good on the dots, that's a plus.

I won't read too much in to the preseason. Coaches put players in bad spots intentionally to see what they can do and can't do. It's not always just about the talent.

Goal one for them (I think it was the first anyway) he lost the draw clean and it went into the back of the net. I don't care if he won 11 out of 12, if the one goes in immediately it is a bad night.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The Sounds debuted a new logo/color scheme last fall and fans hated it so much that they changed it. Maybe the helmets will get enough negative backlash that they'll take them away.

jntarheels

Feb 20, 2013
Clarksville, TN

Jim Diamond in response
‏@diamondhockey
@TomAWillis Shouldn't the color of the curtains match the rug? Or however the saying goes?

Thomas Willis reply back.
‏@TomAWillis
@diamondhockey Colors are still closer than the pictures show...I don't have the benefit of John's flash set up.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013

Jim Diamond in response
‏@diamondhockey
@TomAWillis Shouldn't the color of the curtains match the rug? Or however the saying goes?

Thomas Willis reply back.
‏@TomAWillis
@diamondhockey Colors are still closer than the pictures show...I don't have the benefit of John's flash set up.

Nothing is going to make those helmets any less hideous

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
It's scared to me how many people must have said "ok" on those helmets. Wow.

With all the beautiful fan designs that you can find online, it amazes me that teams consistently make such awful jerseys.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
It's scared to me how many people must have said "ok" on those helmets. Wow.

With all the beautiful fan designs that you can find online, it amazes me that teams consistently make such awful jerseys.

Awful is just about right. Does anyone on this board like the new helmets? Anyone???

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
View attachment 85109

jim diamond in response
‏@diamondhockey
@tomawillis shouldn't the color of the curtains match the rug? Or however the saying goes?

Thomas willis reply back.
‏@tomawillis
@diamondhockey colors are still closer than the pictures show...i don't have the benefit of john's flash set up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad