Confirmed Trade: [NYR/WPG] Jacob Trouba for Neal Pionk and 2019 1st (20 OV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I'm sorry, I think this is a good move for Winnipeg which sucks as they are a tough division rival. I think they are going to be a better team without Trouba seemingly always being a issue. They should see what type of return they can get for Ehlers to help fill the gap of who could actually be a locker room cancer in Trouba.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Who, Pionk?

Sorry but that's not him at all. He is terrible.

Wrong on many levels. Not a lot of rookies play 25 minutes a game during part of the season. People give up on players way too soon. Stralman was basically thrown in the trash by a couple of teams before the Rangers made him an outstanding defenseman. It takes time to evaluate a trade. See where both teams are with this in 2 or 3 years.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Wrong on many levels. Not a lot of rookies play 25 minutes a game during part of the season. People give up on players way too soon. Stralman was basically thrown in the trash by a couple of teams before the Rangers made him an outstanding defenseman. It takes time to evaluate a trade. See where both teams are with this in 2 or 3 years.
Did you watch him last year or just look at his minutes?

He played 25 minutes for like 3 games because we had no defenseman who could play the right side. He was absolutely dreadful in his own zone EVERY game.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
The only thing that makes this trade acceptable is if Trouba is truly a locker room cancer. That remains to be seen. He’s whiny, for sure, but that’s doesn’t equal a cancer. In the meantime, this is brutal.

Reactions: STLomacneko

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
Seriously i dont see why people are bashing on Pionk.

Hes been great in Rangers considering the type of role hes had to play right from the get go, and hes been paired with Marc Staal.

Wish him all the best in Jets.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Who, Pionk?

Sorry but that's not him at all. He is terrible.

I’m not an expert on Pionk at all - I’m just going by what I saw a few rangers fans say a while ago. If he is indeed terrible then this deal is far worse than I originally thought.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I’m not an expert on Pionk at all - I’m just going by what I saw a few rangers fans say a while ago. If he is indeed terrible then this deal is far worse than I originally thought.
Yea his skating is good, he is average offensively, but his defense is just..bad. I would imagine he doesn't play more than 15-16 minutes a game with the Jets unless their right side is as bad as the Ranger's was (it was bad)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
So now that the Jets have traded Hayes to Flyers, they basically shipped away Trouba for Pionk, 5th round pick and a few games of Hayes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad