Pre-Game Talk: NYR vs ARI - 10/26/17 @7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
PB, you said these 10 games are the proof that the Rangers are not contenders and I replied that these 10 games are not a proof of anything in that regard.
No elite 1C? Just this year Ottawa, with nothing close to elite 1C almost eliminated Pens who got 2 of them. West was represented by Nashville.

There's no one "a must" element - just all pieces must fit perfectly to be a part of a winning puzzle.

And what do Ottawa and Nashville have in common with us? No 1C, didn't win the Cup. Almost is not good enough. The team with two generational players won.

There's no must element, but its only not a must because occasionally flukes happen, and teams without 1C's are capable of winning, its just not very likely. Its a very competitive league, even more so in the playoffs. The difference is almost always having that Crosby, Toews, Malkin.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
And what do Ottawa and Nashville have in common with us? No 1C, didn't win the Cup. Almost is not good enough. The team with two generational players won.

There's no must element, but its only not a must because occasionally flukes happen, and teams without 1C's are capable of winning, its just not very likely. Its a very competitive league, even more so in the playoffs. The difference is almost always having that Crosby, Toews, Malkin.

The only teams who have won a Cup *since the Penguins first* have franchise, elite 1cs. With a center with the production of a #1 behind him. Teams without one aren't capable of winning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Lots of incompetence on both sides. No regulation or OT scoring. 1-0 shootout win, Zucc goal.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
That's great and all... winning would be great. However, as was pointed out after the Sharks game, this team would need to basically play like a President's trophy team the rest of the way to even sneak in. Is that likely to happen? Have we seen enough improvement game by game to suggest we're about to light it up? No... as far as I'm concerned, the team is still playing like trash as much as they ever were.

What is more likely to happen is the team gets a bit less ****ing awful and finishes just outside the playoffs. Maybe they'll even be close enough at the deadline that the boneheads in the FO think they should go for it and make stupid trades again, resulting in more futures pissed away for Joe Thornton or the like.
So the season is lost because they're 2-6-2? 72 games left. It's too early to be talking about pace and acting like it's impossible. 2 or 3 decent winning streaks and they're on top of the division. I'm not saying I think this team as they're playing right now is going to do that, but it's certainly way too early for me personally to give up on the season. It's not even Halloween yet.

Honestly, when is it even too late? The Penguins first of the back to back cups, they were a tire fire all season until they fired Johnston and brought in Sullivan in December, they were in 9th place in the East and were playing even worse than that.

Sorry, 10 games into the season in October is too early for me to give up and start hoping for a high pick.

Reactions: Hire Sather

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I’m going to the game tomorrow. Not sure how I should feel about this team. I was pumped to go but now I’m just sad. I a, excited to see Stepan’s Return though.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Well Raanta isn't playing so that's 1/3 crisis averted. Still have to worry about Stepan and Duclair and future Rangers "He'll finally be the answer to the PP" OEL ;)

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I don't get it, we're f***ed by the opponent G anyhow. One of them is an ex-Ranger, the other the back-up. Lose-lose right there. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad