Confirmed Trade: [NYR/TBL] Ryan McDonagh & JT Miller for 2018 1st, 2018 2nd (Cond), Namestnikov, Howden & Hajek

Status
Not open for further replies.

IWD

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Proof is in the pudding. Why isn't Rielly killing critical penalties and sitting on the bench in the last minute of the game with a 1 goal lead ? Pretty sure that would not be the case for McDonagh if we were lucky enough to acquire him.

Shouldn't there be actual stats that support this, though?

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Well seeing how my actual favourite Leaf is Nylander (who can get away with anything in my books), and I'm overly critical of any other Leaf besides Matthews/Dermott, I highly doubt this is what's happening.

"Morgs" has been vastly superior to McDonagh in virtually every metric this season, while playing tougher comp. He's been clearly develping into a #1 for years, and this year it finally happened. I'm more than willing to say OEL is a better defenseman, so I guarantee you it's not because my name is "Morgs".
Oh, well that changes everything, LOL.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Boston still has all the prospects that the Rangers fans were interested in for McD. They can move out McQuaid (2.75 until next year) for cap. They don't have their 1st, but aren't closer to NHL ready prospects more valuable? Don't see why they are out of it (as long as Rangers come off DeBrusk)

Reactions: northeastern

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Tampa has the assets to outbid the other clubs. Plan A: Karlsson Plan B: McDonagh
I don’t think the rangers look at it like that. They won’t sit there and wait for Tampa to possibly pull off a trade for Karlsson. They will make their own trade whether Tampa likes it or not. If Tampa offers up the best package there you go.

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
Then you do not have the assets required to land the services of Ryan McDonagh.

Liljegren, Kapanen, and a 1st is the baseline of any trade with toronto for McDonagh.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Tampa has the assets to outbid the other clubs. Plan A: Karlsson Plan B: McDonagh
Tampa isn't willing to pay for Karlsson, why the hell would they pay for McD? From what I've seen here, the ask is ridiculously similar.

And keep in mind that apparently even Namestnikov isn't available for Karlsson.

So no. TB will outbid nobody.

Reactions: Iceman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad