Confirmed Trade: [NYR/STL] Tarasenko (@50%), Mikkola for Blais, Skinner, 1st (later of NYR/DAL), 3rd (4th if NYR miss playoffs)

RoyalDuder

Dec 26, 2011
NY
Some people in this thread need to touch grass.

Tank has been awesome and is a great fit for this team, hope he re-signs somehow. Mikkola is just the icing on the cake. He started off kinda slow, but has done really well as a replacement while Lindgren is out. Shows some offensive flashes too!

I'm also not shocked that Blais is scoring way more on the 2nd line of a team with no star power rather than being buried on the 4th while recovering from injuries. That's good for him! Always seemed like a good dude and I'm happy for his success.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010

Tank has been awesome and is a great fit for this team, hope he re-signs somehow. Mikkola is just the icing on the cake. He started off kinda slow, but has done really well as a replacement while Lindgren is out. Shows some offensive flashes too!

I'm also not shocked that Blais is scoring way more on the 2nd line of a team with no star power rather than being buried on the 4th while recovering from injuries. That's good for him! Always seemed like a good dude and I'm happy for his success.
Kyrou and Buchnevich aren’t slouches.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

Touch grass? Blais has played 23 games and has 17 points . This is unreal for a player who was cast away by drury who he paid huge by giving up pavel B. Then sends him away for tarasenko and blais has more points then him . On top he gave a 1st and a 3rd as the icing. This is unbelievable return for Armstrong. He should just continue deal with drury and it will help fast track the blues as contenders again.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Touch grass? Blais has played 23 games and has 17 points . This is unreal for a player who was cast away by drury who he paid huge by giving up pavel B. Then sends him away for tarasenko and blais has more points then him . On top he gave a 1st and a 3rd as the icing. This is unbelievable return for Armstrong. He should just continue deal with drury and it will help fast track the blues as contenders again.
You sound like a broken record.Go outside and get some air or something

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
He is now that he's on a top team with some semblance of defensive structure instead of a top team playing like chickens with their heads cut off

Very nice of him to channel all of his potential into beasting at the tail end of the 2023 season to push the Blues as far away from the top of a draft with 4 potentially generational players as possible before inevitably reverting to the pumpkin he's always been next year
We shouldn't get carried away here. :)

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
We shouldn't be surprised for those of us who know hockey that when a player is given top 6 ice time on a depleted squad along with top PP time they will produce. Said player would never have that kind of role here.

Reactions: haveandare

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
We shouldn't be surprised for those of us who know hockey that when a player is given top 6 ice time on a depleted squad along with top PP time they will produce. Said player would never have that kind of role here.
Since Blais' arrival, he's 11th among our forwards in EV ice time and 9th in PP ice time. He has 1 PP point and is averaging just 1 more minute of ice time compared to his 14 games in 21/22. It's clear he's just more comfortable with Berube and his style and is producing more like he was in 20/21.

He's benefitting from being with Buchnevich recently, but for whatever reason, he was a terrible for in New York, and is a great fit here considering he's immediately gone back to being what he was prior to the trade.

This thread really should just be locked since it's just one outsider fan keeping up a weird troll. Both teams like what they got in return, simple as that.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I agree with your general sentiment - I think Blais is getting at least 5 more minutes of playing time, switching between the 2nd and 3rd line. He only has 1 power play point with the Blues, though (an assist), so his production is almost entirely 5v5. Regardless, it’s obviously a good trade for both teams; I’m not sure if Blais can keep it up, but it’s cool to see.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Since Blais' arrival, he's 11th among our forwards in EV ice time and 9th in PP ice time. He has 1 PP point and is averaging just 1 more minute of ice time compared to his 14 games in 21/22. It's clear he's just more comfortable with Berube and his style and is producing more like he was in 20/21.

He's benefitting from being with Buchnevich recently, but for whatever reason, he was a terrible for in New York, and is a great fit here considering he's immediately gone back to being what he was prior to the trade.

This thread really should just be locked since it's just one outsider fan keeping up a weird troll. Both teams like what they got in return, simple as that.
Our bottom 9 involved kids, and a 4th line that did nothing. When played in a top 6 role, Zibanejad and Blias didn't work because Blias can't do most of the work for Zibanejad who struggles with 5 on 5 play being the driving force. When paired with Panarin there was just no chemsitry. You can't expect Blais to be the guy pulling up and getting open with Panarin to make fancy passes to while drawing the attention. He also didn't have the speed for that role. We needed him to be a solid bottom 9 option but it just didn't work because most of the kids struggled and 4th line was non-existent for most of the season.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

Cast away? Drury doesn't make the lines, Gallant does. Blais was given a chance on the top-6 and it didn't work out. Shit happens. All you're doing is trolling because you dislike the Rangers.

Dude's obsessed.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Blais another point tonight. Hes a point a game player looks like for the blues. Sure feels like that. Hes really turned it around.
Good on him, because I thought it was more the injury and thought he might be out of the league by next season.

Continues to be a win-win trade.

Reactions: haveandare

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Aka the Ryan Spooner effect after the 2018 deadline

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinFinnerty

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
Nah I like redemption stories especially when a player was casted out of the lineup and proves his dufas general manager wrong. Boy did drury got hosed on this deal.

Dude you’re exhausting. Blais was terrible as a ranger and had no place here. He was going to be healthy scratched then walk in free agency if we didn’t trade him. And rangers fans have no I’ll will towards Blais and I’m sure they are happy for him. But you’re acting like a clown keeping this thread alive. No they didn’t lose the trade because Blais literally wasn’t even in our lineup. Not sure why he couldn’t produce in New York but he couldn’t. End of story.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Blais had 0 goals 5 points in 40 games for the Rangers but is producing in St. Louis.

Tarasenko has 15 points in 23 games with the Rangers

Seems like a Win-Win trade.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
What's really funny to me is in the Q Blais was a pure point producer who shied away from physical contact. He started out as a scorer but in the AHL with the Chicago Wolves under Berube figured out he had to change his game to Berube's style to make the NHL. It almost seems like now back with Berube he's really comfortable in his physical game and knows how to go to the front of the net and clean up the trash. He has always had the hands of a point producer.

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
What's really funny to me is in the Q Blais was a pure point producer who shied away from physical contact. He started out as a scorer but in the AHL with the Chicago Wolves under Berube figured out he had to change his game to Berube's style to make the NHL. It almost seems like now back with Berube he's really comfortable in his physical game and knows how to go to the front of the net and clean up the trash. He has always had the hands of a point producer.

Garland was the same way, a lot of players adapt and overcorrect once they go pro and realize that their game no longer works

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad