Confirmed Trade: [NYR/STL] Tarasenko (@50%), Mikkola for Blais, Skinner, 1st (later of NYR/DAL), 3rd (4th if NYR miss playoffs)

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
beauty tip goal by tarasenko. mikkola has also played top pair for the rangers with lindgren injured.

Oof, if Mikkola is playing on the top pair then I would be somewhat concerned. But I'm happy to hear both him and Vladi are doing well.

It would be nice if the godfather and BlueTacos would stop trolling because I think both sides are happy with how the trade is turning out. There is no reason to bicker and argue every time either Blais or Tarasenko records a point and these two are the ones pouring fuel on the fire.

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
Seems like the early results are win-win. Not sure why anyone would feel the need to rub it in someone's face when a traded player is doing good with their new team.

I am willing to bet Tarasenko re-signs with NYR after this season. He seems like he belongs there right now. After injuries looked like they might end his career early, I think he'll be happy to stay with a team that's pushing to win and gives him a big spotlight.

Reactions: Anthony5967

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
9-1-1 since the team has had a practice and a beautiful Tarasenko goal last night! He just keeps on trucking on wow!! I knew he was good but what a player! Now at 15 points with the NYR!

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Blais is playing at a 30 goal, 30 assist rate with 320 hits for a full season since rejoining the Blues. I don't think the points will necessarily maintain but as the return for the completely mediocre Mikkola it's a great deal. I used to watch Blais in the Q and he was a non-physical, perimeter point racker there before transforming himself into a physical force. So he has the mitts.

IMO the deal was

Tarasenko 50% for 1st + 3d
Mikkola for Blais and Skinner (ala the Jacob Middleton deadline deal the year prior for a 5th and a roster player)

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Blais is playing at a 30 goal, 30 assist rate with 320 hits for a full season since rejoining the Blues. I don't think the points will necessarily maintain but as the return for the completely mediocre Mikkola it's a great deal. I used to watch Blais in the Q and he was a non-physical, perimeter point racker there before transforming himself into a physical force. So he has the mitts.

IMO the deal was

Mikkola for Blais and Skinner (ala the Jacob Middleton deadline deal the year prior for a 5th and a roster player)
30 goal 30 assists and 320 hits . Wowsers those are serious power numbers. Guy is only 26 to boot. Armstrong slipping that 1st round pick and 4th too just highway robbery here.

Reactions: Fez Whatley

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Oof, if Mikkola is playing on the top pair then I would be somewhat concerned. But I'm happy to hear both him and Vladi are doing well.

It would be nice if the godfather and BlueTacos would stop trolling because I think both sides are happy with how the trade is turning out. There is no reason to bicker and argue every time either Blais or Tarasenko records a point and these two are the ones pouring fuel on the fire.
We are concerned but we were cornered. The Kane trade and injuries have lead us with no choice. Realistically, this is short term until Lindgren is back and healthy. We don't want Mikkola playing that many minutes.

Can't we just call this a trade both teams needed and move along? Rangers obviously needed to spark that top line 5 on 5, and this trade has accomplished that. Zibanejad, Panarin, and Tarasenko make that line look like a legit threat instead of just dead 5 on 5 play.

Rangers also needed to find a 3rd pairing Dman that they could toss in the line-up without looking at bad as Hajek, and this trade has accomplished that. I get it, anytime there's a first round pick involved the trade looks sexier, but so far this trade accomplished what NYR needed, esepcially when you consider they also needed cap space and Sammy wasn't going to provide those points here.

For the Blues, they got a roster player back and a 1st round pick. With no real prospect, that's the going rate for a 1st line, UFA.

Reactions: Reality Czech

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Lol mikola is not a rock. Good luck with that.
Maybe not for you guys. He's been great for us. Perfect bottom pair dman that won't let you sniff the front of the net. And fitting in nicely next to Adam Fox on the top pair while Lingren is injured.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I'm not sure I get the constant dick sizing from people in an attempt to force a winner in this trade. Seems like it is more from fans of neither team who have a vendetta. Blais sucked sweaty ass for the Rangers. Glad he is working out back in STL. Mikkola was apparently not good in STL. He has been great for us as has been Tank.

Is a win-win THAT inconceivable?

Reactions: RoyalDuder and Kupo

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

IMO the deal was

I thought Blais had solid potential as a physical top 9 before the trade to the Rangers. He looked really good in the bubble playoffs. His percentages are running high, but he definitely has more potential than he showed in NY. Sometimes players just don’t work out on a team, so I don’t think we can compare what he’s doing now as if the Rangers are missing out on it, but for the Blues to pick him back up if they’re going to get more out of him.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm not sure I get the constant dick sizing from people in an attempt to force a winner in this trade. Seems like it is more from fans of neither team who have a vendetta. Blais sucked sweaty ass for the Rangers. Glad he is working out back in STL. Mikkola was apparently not good in STL. He has been great for us as has been Tank.

Mikkola did have some very good stretches here, both next to Parayko and in a 3rd pair role, he just lacked that consistency. He'd have a very good stretch, and then a stretch where he'd be a disaster with the puck. Hopefully he stays good for you guys down the stretch.

Yeah, I truly don't understand all the outsiders in here.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

Blais is in a extra gear right now. Blues win.

Reactions: Fez Whatley

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Blues since the trade: 11 wins and 12 losses.
Rangers since the trade: 16 wins and 7 losses.

Derpity Derp rANgErS wIN!!!

Buc.gif

Reactions: mrmovies779

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

Buc.gif
Blais I believe has the most points and hits for players who were traded on deadline I believe. Not sure but I think he is. It he is thats a truly unbelievable statistic. Blues have definitely won this trade especially with a 1st and 4th in the back pocket from rangers.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

Buc.gif

the Blues are nearly .500 since trading off ROR, Tarasenko, Acciari, Barbashev and Mikkola. I was hoping they’d really tank for a top 5 pick. They have a better record after the sell off than before. Strange

Blais I believe has the most points and hits for players who were traded on deadline I believe. Not sure but I think he is. It he is thats a truly unbelievable statistic. Blues have definitely won this trade especially with a 1st and 4th in the back pocket from rangers.

1st and 3rd

Reactions: The don godfather

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
Lol mikola is not a rock. Good luck with that.

He is now that he's on a top team with some semblance of defensive structure instead of a top team playing like chickens with their heads cut off

Very nice of him to channel all of his potential into beasting at the tail end of the 2023 season to push the Blues as far away from the top of a draft with 4 potentially generational players as possible before inevitably reverting to the pumpkin he's always been next year

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

Cool story. He was awful here. Happy to see him playing well but he’s not going to continue shooting over 20%.

C'mon, this can be a win for both teams. Have you watched Mikkola play for NYR? Because I haven't. If their fans say he's been good or at least serviceable for them, then I'll take their word for it.

We needed a 3LD and Mikkola has been terrific. The only thing he needs to improve are the penalties.

Both teams are happy with the trade. Tank and Mikkola balanced out the lines and the team is getting hot at the right time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad