Confirmed Trade: [NYR/PIT] Chad Ruhwedel for 2027 4th round pick

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
2027? Could we have gone out further?

Serviceable bottom pairing D. Deal sounds more like Dubas forcing Sully to use a younger D here.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Ruhwedel is better than his reputation amongst Penguins fans, he's just the most vanilla #7 defenseman humanly possible and his age makes him an easy 'why are you still here?' target. My issues with Ruhwedel have always been more issues of how Sullivan utilizes him than Ruhwedel himself. He knows his limitations and plays within them. He is the kind of guy you can plug into a line-up and he won't wreck the pairing. The problem(s) only arise when he moves up the depth chart and sits in the #6 spot for months at a time.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
Ruhwedel is better than his reputation amongst Penguins fans, he's just the most vanilla #7 defenseman humanly possible and his age makes him an easy 'why are you still here?' target. My issues with Ruhwedel have always been more issues of how Sullivan utilizes him than Ruhwedel himself. He knows his limitations and plays within them. He is the kind of guy you can plug into a line-up and he won't wreck the pairing. The problem(s) only arise when he moves up the depth chart and sits in the #6 spot for months at a time.
My thoughts exactly.

Pens fans sour on him because Sullivan loved to play him over other candidates like Ludvig. But the reality is that Ruhwedel has been a perfectly adequate 7th dman for years.

Reactions: Lustaf

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
No description available.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
He's a serviceable depth D-men. Always good to have on a playoff run if injuries occur.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
My thoughts exactly.

Pens fans sour on him because Sullivan loved to play him over other candidates like Ludvig. But the reality is that Ruhwedel has been a perfectly adequate 7th dman for years.
He's fine as a 6th defender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad