Confirmed Trade: [NYR/PIT] Chad Ruhwedel for 2027 4th round pick

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
As a 7th he's not bad, Sullivan just WAY overplayed him, other then his bizarre over-usage I have no strong feelings one way or the other for him.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Ruh is the ideal #7D, and a RD to boot. He can sit press box half the season and then come in to give you solid, if unremarkable defense. He's a low event guy. Doesn't hit, doesn't drive offense, but typically also doesn't make mistakes defensively. If he's injury insurance, you'll be happy. If you expect him to be an impact addition to your top 6 D, sorry.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
He's an okay 7D I guess. He's pretty small tho and doesn't do great in the playoffs. Also a black hole for any kind of production

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
um, ok. Since we are lacking draft picks over the next 2 drafts and already don't have a 2nd in 2026, I'd figured hold onto those mid-round picks unless something better came along, but I guess it is what it is.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Truthfully, I've watched Ruhwedel pretty much every game. He's a solid number 6. He plays a very smart, straight forward simple game. He's steady but unremarkable. Doesn't play reckless. Doesn't generally get caught out of position. He's vilified because the head coach loved him or seemed to. But for a depth defensemen I think the Rangers did well.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Ruh is the ideal #7D, and a RD to boot. He can sit press box half the season and then come in to give you solid, if unremarkable defense. He's a low event guy. Doesn't hit, doesn't drive offense, but typically also doesn't make mistakes defensively. If he's injury insurance, you'll be happy. If you expect him to be an impact addition to your top 6 D, sorry.
Honestly, this is what we’re hoping for…
He shouldn’t displace anyone in their top 6….
Have jones on the LD who’s offensive minded in case.
Mainly a depth piece to rest a guy here and there for the playoff run…
Tbh there were better targets, but they wanted him for…. Reasons

pockets321

May 4, 2022
Dude stood out for the wrong reasons every time I watched the Pens, is he even better than Jordan Oesterle who was on waivers the other day?

Reactions: gabevh3

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4