Confirmed with Link: [NYR/NSH] Michael Del Zotto for Kevin Klein

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Never heard of Klein. Don't like the trade. But I guess it's better than MDZ-Moore 3rd pairing.

Still hate the idea of a 23 year old for a 30 year old

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Well, that's interesting...balances the D, and could mean that Stralman could be available at the trade deadline, if the Rangers do intend to keep Girardi, I'll admit I was hoping for Ellis.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Now everyboy is a MDZ fan lol. Seriously though Sather tried to get a great return for MDZ but nobody was interested. Klein is a pretty good defensemen, he isnt gonna be a offensive defensemen but he is tough which we need more of. Sure its not a tremendous return but MDZ wasnt ever gonna bring back anything great

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I mean...not a terrible return given all that happened.

But what ****ING TERRIBLE asset management this entire situation has been. DZ should have been moved for a prospect + 1st when everyone on this board could plainly see his flaws years ago. But no. Management "waited" and "hoped" he would find consistency.

I had a feeling something was up with how AV was tweaking the d pairs last night. Moore played with Staal for a bit. Stralman-DZ.

BarbaraAlphanse

So we add toffness in place of a puck mover. Move doesn't make sense unless there is a follow up.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@DarrenDreger: Rangers have been looking for a right shot d-man for awhile. Vigneault's influence also a factor from Canuck days facing the Preds.”

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Good ****ing trade. Klein makes $2.9M for the next 4 years + this one.

We seem to be the only ones that feel this way.

This is a good trade for both sides. Del Zotto will play much better with Trotz, under the guiding of Weber and Josi.

WhiskeyDeke

Shut up, Keith.
Jul 5, 2006
Va
On the surface, I am not liking this. We gained 6 years and lost offense. Is he at least a dependable stay-at-home guy? +- scares me, but is not always 100% indicative of skill/traits.

Call me stupid, but I think a younger player + a 3rd should have been more in line with DZ's supposed upside...I guess the word is out that he flat out sucked.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Love Klein's contract (assuming hes a 4-5 and not a 6-7)

Don't know much about him. Hard to look at stats for a defenseman and judge him. Have to watch him.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Klein is on a great contract. Cheaper than we likely would've gotten Stralman. Should be interesting what happens next.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Giving the puck away isn't a rare skill set.

Who cares that he scored 37 points at 19 years old, then 41 points at 21 years old? He gives the puck away sometimes. If only he were used in a way to minimize his liabilities...like, I don't know, being on the third pairing and getting the easiest match ups or something.

:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad