Proposal: NYR/MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Well, we can quibble/haggle, two 3rds vs the late St, Lou 2nd...
How bout this:
counter-counter:
Buch + DAL 3rd
for
MON 2021 1st

cost of delayed gratification

could also do separate deal on
Juulsen
for
later cond pick depending on his health, production etc
Habs are not trading their 1st for Buch. I'd rather package the 1st + one of Danault/Domi + for something way bigger/better.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Lafreniere will be playing RW. There is NO WAY that won't happen. Panarin is not moving positions. Neither is Kreider. Kakko and Lafreniere will be on right wing. As far as the third line wings. that will be determined. I repeat. There is ZERO chance Buchnevich will be on this roster opening night. Accept it.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Habs are not trading their 1st for Buch. I'd rather package the 1st + one of Danault/Domi + for something way bigger/better.

Nobody is giving you something way bigger and better for the 16th overall pick and one of those two guys. This isn't a video game. Teams aren't giving up top talent unless it's for a young star yet to breakout or a top 5 pick.

Reactions: bl02

A Loyal Dog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Nobody is giving you something way bigger and better for the 16th overall pick and one of those two guys. This isn't a video game. Teams aren't giving up top talent unless it's for a young star yet to breakout or a top 5 pick.
You make it sound like the 16th overall pick + a 2C + is not worth much lol. There's a lot that exact package could get the Habs.

You can keep Buch. We'll gladly keep our 1st.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
You make it sound like the 16th overall pick + a 2C + is not worth much lol. There's a lot that exact package could get the Habs.

You can keep Buch. We'll gladly keep our 1st.
It is worth something for sure but way bigger than Buch I'm not so sure. Maybe a Rakell but when I think way bigger I think Laine and that only starts with Suzuki or Romanov and add according to rumors. I don't think Montreal wants to trade either of those guys.

A Loyal Dog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
It is worth something for sure but way bigger than Buch I'm not so sure. Maybe a Rakell but when I think way bigger I think Laine and that only starts with Suzuki or Romanov and add according to rumors. I don't think Montreal wants to trade either of those guys.
I would rather get Rakell for 16OA straight up or "help" a team that's in cap hell / wants to rebuild.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I would rather get Rakell for 16OA straight up or "help" a team that's in cap hell / wants to rebuild.
I would go for Rakell as well and I'm a Rangers fan.
How much more cap space does Montreal have? Are they really in good shape? don't they have quite a few players next year looking for new deals? I guess you guys could trade those guys like tatar.

A Loyal Dog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
I would go for Rakell as well and I'm a Rangers fan.
How much more cap space does Montreal have? Are they really in good shape? don't they have quite a few players next year looking for new deals? I guess you guys could trade those guys like tatar.
Habs look like shit lol. Neither Buch nor Rakell will make the Habs a contender. They'll surely be considered pretenders, but nothing to wow about. They're no NYR that's for sure (you guys are about to become prime contenders for a looooooooooong time). Also, money isn't that much of an issue - I mean, they're happy to spend 15m on a goaltending tandem and throw 3.5-4.7m to bottom-pairing/AHL D...

A player like Laine, on the other hand, would change lots for the Habs. We wouldn't be contenders, but we would be in a great position for the near future (with our prospect pool, etc). The problem is... WPG rightfully wants our best prospects for Laine lol - which is as sideways a move can be.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Habs look like shit lol. Neither Buch nor Rakell will make the Habs a contender. They'll surely be considered pretenders, but nothing to wow about. They're no NYR that's for sure (you guys are about to become prime contenders for a looooooooooong time). Also, money isn't that much of an issue - I mean, they're happy to spend 15m on a goaltending tandem and throw 3.5-4.7m to bottom-pairing/AHL D...

A player like Laine, on the other hand, would change lots for the Habs. We wouldn't be contenders, but we would be in a great position for the near future (with our prospect pool, etc). The problem is... WPG rightfully wants our best prospects for Laine lol - which is as sideways a move can be.
I do watch a lot of Canadiens games and enjoy the passion the city of Montreal has for hockey. Laine would be a perfect fit. The one guy I wouldn’t give up for sure is Suzuki. kK is good but if you had to sacrifice him for laine maybe something to think about?

Reactions: A Loyal Hot Dog

A Loyal Dog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
I do watch a lot of Canadiens games and enjoy the passion the city of Montreal has for hockey. Laine would be a perfect fit. The one guy I wouldn’t give up for sure is Suzuki. kK is good but if you had to sacrifice him for laine maybe something to think about?
Oh, I agree. I would trade KK+ for Laine. Not many others want to see that happen though.

Reactions: bl02

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Lafreniere will be playing RW. There is NO WAY that won't happen. Panarin is not moving positions. Neither is Kreider. Kakko and Lafreniere will be on right wing. As far as the third line wings. that will be determined. I repeat. There is ZERO chance Buchnevich will be on this roster opening night. Accept it.

There is ZERO chance Laf plays his off wing to start his NHL career

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Going to exit this thread after this but also want to throw in, I don’t think there is a big difference between picking 16th and 22nd in this years draft. Certainly not worth the asset to go up. Obviously a guy could drop, but I highly doubt anyone drops that would be worth sacrificing Buchnevich for. If I was the Rangers I’d actually try to trade down, (if they “keep” the pick) but that’s just me

Reactions: Doriva

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Please stop being ridicuulous. Domi and a 1st gets easily something better than Bumnevcich. And Lafreniere is a LW and will be at lw.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
It isn’t terrible as a Habs fan but we don’t need another LHD.

How about:

:habs
Pavel Buchnevich
22nd overall pick

:rangers
Max Domi
2nd round (#56)

That is a pretty solid offer. I would take it from the Rangers side, but I like Domi. Many of my fellow Rangers fans disagree on acquiring Domi.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
That is a pretty solid offer. I would take it from the Rangers side, but I like Domi. Many of my fellow Rangers fans disagree on acquiring Domi.

Thank you! I think it flies under the radar. I’ll create a thread for it to gauge the interest/fairness for both fanbases & other ones.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
:habs
Pavel Buchnevich
22nd overall pick

:rangers
Max Domi
2nd pick 2020 (#56)

Habs get a top 6 RW + moves up in the draft to make up for the difference between Domi & Buch.

Rangers get a 2C & moves back to get a 2nd round pick in this draft.

Both players fill a need (Top 6 RW for the Habs/2C for the Rangers)

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
I think Buch is a decent back up option for Montreal but I think they’re aiming for someone with more goal scoring ability or tenacity.

I also would not give 2 x 2nd or a first for him either. The Domi is ok, but if Domi was actively being shopped I think he’d get more than that.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Canadiens fans might look at Domi as better than Buchnevich but I don't think Rangers fans see it that way. And Buchnevich is not a problem for his team---Domi seems to be and that's why I'd prefer to steer clear of Max anyway.

As for the original deal it's not terrible value wise but I think the Rangers would rather keep Buchnevich than trade him for picks. That said on draft day if someone falls to 16 that we really wanted I'd be open to doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad