Speculation: NYR FIRESALE

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I wouldn't either, but our GM just extended him and reliable sources are reporting he'd rather trade Kreider and/or re-do the roster again than fire the coach.

Didn't the New York Post report that he's out after the game against Vegas?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Didn't the New York Post report that he's out after the game against Vegas?

Clickbait title.

If you actually read it the article says that it's "deductive reasoning" that AV would be on the hot seat, not anything the reporter actually heard.

He also says in the article that Gorton would prefer to re-do the roster again before firing the coach if that option is "available."

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`m not sure if it`s only Jeff Gorton`s decision, @Machinehead. And if they decide to go full fire sale mode - not sure if it helps to improve the overall team.

- And if they go full tank for future sure move Ryan Mc, Zucc, and Kreider. But it might take years until the team compete for a playoffs spot, and farm system with G. Clarke was barely ranked 23rd in the whole league and it was updated in October after the summer window 2017.

Last edited:

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Good luck with that, Reportedly all Canadian teams are on Rick Nash no trade list. Sounds like Canada is a no go.

Maybe he'll wave it at this point in time? He's from Tarannah and we actually have a very good team right now.

All I know is that a Nash-Matthews-Nylander line has me salivating, Hyman is a bit better this year, but his hands of stone are still not uncursed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad