Speculation: NYR-EDM Trade?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
That wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Oh wait why not have Edmonton add Klefbom as a throw-in so that they can stay under the cap?
I think a draisaitl for nash makes more sense, salary almost equal.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Please fire PC and replace him with a random HFboards poster.
At this rate up front we'll have Lucic, Mcdavid, Drai and a bunch of 4th liners up front before 2020.

Outside of RNH thats pretty much what we have now. I'll generously tag Maroon with overachieving 3rd liner.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
What would the Rangers be looking for in return for Grabner + Nash (with 50% retained) ?

On a side note - Slepyshev was pulled from the lineup before warm up....I knows hes had some injury issues recently but this ones got an odd feeling to it.

I actually had a similar feeling. He was on the 2nd line at morning skate.

Reactions: THall4

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What would the Rangers be looking for in return for Grabner + Nash (with 50% retained) ?

On a side note - Slepyshev was pulled from the lineup before warm up....I knows hes had some injury issues recently but this ones got an odd feeling to it.
I've been calling Slepyshev to New York for over a month.

Reactions: THall4

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
I think its Grabner the Oilers are interested in. Wonder if TM is there to scout the team they are playing or if he's scouting the player to see if he would fit in his system. Its rare that a HC goes out to an actual game to scout anything though isn't it? That's why team employ professional scouts...

Not sure about the HC scouting thing, maybe a situation of being close to MSG a day early and needed a night out? Also, would you trust any pro scout they have within 500 kms of the NYI? :naughty:

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK

This would make me a sad panda. Just based on what he could still turn into, not a star but a solid do-everything guy. Wouldn't cost big bucks while sliding up and down 2RW to 4RW as needed.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Larry Brooks said Kreider and Miller are not going anywhere per a source within NYR org.
this is correct.
they are the heart of our young core
no team would make massive overpayment to make it profitable for NYR to consider.

He said the same thing with Stepan earlier @Lion Hound - in June he was moved. We don`t have a single piece which is not moveable for the right deals. Rangers have no generation talents so nothing to build around. We`ve interesting players in Zib, Skjei, Miller, Buch - Kreider is 26 and is certainly on the table for the right pieces with a good contract too 4.6 mil.

The only reason Kreider won`t be moved right now, because we lack depth in our wing position, and hence why Miller who is a natural center play in a wing role.
We disagree here.
Kreider and JT go nowhere.

Imo Kreider won’t be moved now because there isn’t a single good reason to move him. Miller either.

We don’t have a generational player but we’re not going to get one for a collection of our non generational guys either. Those guys don’t get traded. Oilers aren’t moving McDavid obviously and I think Drai is short of generational despite being paid like he’s that type of player.

If we’re “rebuilding” to any degree, which the Step trade suggests we are, there is no reason to move Kreider, Miller, Buch, Skjei, Zib. They’re our new core.

I’d be interested in something around Zucc and Yamamoto in theory but I don’t think we have the depth to trade a roster player for a guy in juniors.
da bold

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
This would make me a sad panda. Just based on what he could still turn into, not a star but a solid do-everything guy. Wouldn't cost big bucks while sliding up and down 2RW to 4RW as needed.
I think he's one of our more movable trade chips right now. And with his waiver eligibility kicking in in around a dozen or so games, I think it's very possible he's moved this month.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
we could do just Grabner, or Nash, w/w/out retaining [or taking back a cap dump]

we can sweeten it by saying give us a solid piece for one, and the balance due on the other could be conditional.

So for example, we could do
Nash at half
Grabner
and a guy like Gettinger
for
Puj-meister
cap dump Fayne
and a conditional 2018 1st or other acceptably high pick/year.
By conditional I mean:
Nash and Grabner get at least 40 goals, you owe NY the pick.
They are short, no added conditional pick.
Fair?

Remember, this is a volume discount. I could see Nash going to SJ, ANA, etc if he is put on the market and we have to take competitive bids.
And Grabner is the super el cheapo special.

So I get you don't want to overpay, and these are not returns that command an overpay, incl. massive overpay. But they will get at least comparable value for recent rentals. No one wants to go there, NY moves on....

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Puljujarvi only goes if Kreider goes. Nash has significantly less value than you think he does.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Puljujarvi only goes if Kreider goes. Nash has significantly less value than you think he does.

This. Wouldn't be Bern if he wasn't trying to get a blue chip prospect and a 1st rounder for a washed up Nash making 8 million and a 3rd liner though. But he threw in a prospect no one's ever heard of so deal.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Not sure about the HC scouting thing, maybe a situation of being close to MSG a day early and needed a night out? Also, would you trust any pro scout they have within 500 kms of the NYI? :naughty:
I trust the pro scouts...I don't trust Chiarelli any longer to get anything of relevance when trading something relevant.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Someone asked TM about Slep after yesterdays game ...he said it was injury...but it wasn't all that convincing. IMO there is something going down that they are staying pretty tight lipped about...

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If the Rangers trade Grabner they are idiots. No way they would get what he truly is worth.
He is on pace for another 25 goal plus season playing on the 4th line and no powerplay time. Showing last year was NOT a fluke.
Miller is probably their most dynamic forward right now and Kreider is starting to heat up.
Nash doesn't want to go to canada so it probably leaves Grabner.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If the Rangers trade Grabner they are idiots. No way they would get what he truly is worth.
He is on pace for another 25 goal plus season playing on the 4th line and no powerplay time. Showing last year was NOT a fluke.
Miller is probably their most dynamic forward right now and Kreider is starting to heat up.
Nash doesn't want to go to canada so it probably leaves Grabner.

They probably can't afford to sign him if he does put up another 25+ goals. The best they can do is hold out until trade deadline and hope Grabner keeps up the pace to maximize his value. Then they have to deal with A) Lose him for nothing if they're in the playoff picture, or B) Trade him for the best offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad