Confirmed with Link: NYR claim Cody McLeod

Deleted member 23124

All you tough guys out there sitting behind your computers. WHEN THE RANGERS START CALLING UP THEIR PRIZED KIDS FROM THE MINORS WHO WOULD STAND UP FOR THEM AND DETER THEM HAVING CHEAP SHOTS TAKEN AT GHEM OR BEING RUN. WHOM? I bet McLeod will fill that role. Someone needs to keep guys on the other team honest and protect the kids. DID YOU WATCH THE KINGS GAME?

Seriously????? Rangers FO hasn't once thought about getting anyone to protect their players....they've let the league have it's way with Henrik for more than a decade -- is he less valuable than the so-called "prized kids"....get real.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
It would explain a lot of my opinions because I'm smart and I get paid handsomely to be smart all day.
We are all incredibly privileged to share this forum with you

nhT1Kvo.jpg

Quinnisinoverhishead

Oct 4, 2014
We're **** in Corsi because our coach is obsessed with playing a "transition" game and has this method of man defense that our defenders don't understand. I see no issues with the "compete" level, I see guys that aren't particularly adept at winning battles along the boards, and otherwise have no idea where they're supposed to be. That's cool though, because Mr. Cody "-7.2% Corsi Rel Since 2013!" McLeod is here to ****ing help.

And no, I wasn't Cody McLeod. I played men's league hockey in goddamn Maryland. No fighting allowed. But balls to the wall in every other aspect? Yes, that was me. I still try to play that way, despite the fact that I'm old, out of shape and have arthritis. But let's step back--who said I hate Cody McLeod? Did you skip the part where I said I emulated guys like him as best I could in any sport? I LOVE the tough guys, the guys who played on and often crossed the edge. My views on those players have also evolved to the point where I see their usefulness is rapidly diminishing. I'm actually kind of amazed that you run around talking about Corsi yet actively advocate for having guys that suck at actually playing the game getting regular shifts. You are quite the rare breed in that respect.

Ah, one of the, "I don't care if everyone else disagrees, I'm right!" people. That's all I need to know. And yes, it's an infinitesimal minority on HFNYR, which I know from the stupidly long period of time I've been frequenting this board. But I know, I know--it doesn't matter because you're right and you win.

Have the last word, champ!

I am extremely confused with your posts. The contradiction is quite baffling. First off, I never said he deserves a regular shift. We have a bunch of lefties on this team. Like I said previously, this is a waiver claim. Nothing more, nothing less. 8 minutes a game is ideal. He can fore check and win battles and stick up for his teammates in those 8 minutes. The other 52 can be given to the left handed shooters like JT Miller, Kreider, Zucc, etc.

There is no hitting or fighting in men's league hockey, so I could see why you would be utterly useless. In the NHL it is different, there is fighting, there is hitting so players of his ilk can in some way be useful. The fact you emulated a tough guy attitude in men's league hockey makes me question your intelligence. It's men's league where guys go to have fun with their friends and drink a cold one. They wake up next day and go to work. They pay money to play hockey not get paid to play. Sorry, if I have offended you, but after all it is a waiver claim, no need to get so upset.

Reactions: nyr2k2

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Nothing wrong with bringing in someone who will stand up for the team.
He's a hard worker and only here until the end of the season.

The question you should really be asking is why hasn't our beloved GM brought in someone to play DEFENSE!

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Nothing wrong with bringing in someone who will stand up for the team.
He's a hard worker and only here until the end of the season.

The question you should really be asking is why hasn't our beloved GM brought in someone to play DEFENSE!

He needs to bring in someone to coach defense first.

Ray Bourque would suck in this system.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Seriously????? Rangers FO hasn't once thought about getting anyone to protect their players....they've let the league have it's way with Henrik for more than a decade -- is he less valuable than the so-called "prized kids"....get real.

Tanner Glass, Cody McLeod, Mike Rupp, Derek Boogaard, Donald Brashear, Sean Avery, Colton Orr, Brandon Prust. Henrik hasn't been injured as the result of players taking liberties. He was ran one time by a Eakin who lost his mind momentarily. We've injured Anderson, Fleury, and Price that I can remember during Vigneault's tenture. We've injured more goalies than any other team.

I wish people would just admit they want more sock and boppers toughness because it's a release to watch someone punch someone else in the face.

Reactions: Ail and Off Sides

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
A month of hockey nostalgia can't be bad. It will assist with the lottery death spiral started by this road trip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad