Confirmed with Link: NYR claim Cody McLeod

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Not an excuse but he clearly didn’t want to fight anyone on his old team . Also McLeod is clearly a filler body as a lot are going soon

He is definitely filler, but there are other guys that suck but at least try to play hockey available on waivers all the time. Like wasn't Jussi Jokinen claimed just days before McLeod? Jokinen has sucked for a couple years now but will still bring more to the table than McLeod. If they just want warm bodies they can do better.

Also, just to be clear before someone comes in and tells me I'm just biased against tough guys (which is literally the opposite of the truth), I would have loved if we could have found another guy like Carcillo. Someone who is a tough SOB who will handle the dirty work but can also play a bit. McLeod is just an over-the-hill amateur boxer on skates .

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I’m pretty sure McLeod fought someone on the Avalanche the very first game he played against them after being traded last year.

I don’t think he’s a leader-type when it comes to fighting for your team like that. More of a guy who will intensify an attitude that already exists.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I’m pretty sure McLeod fought someone on the Avalanche the very first game he played against them after being traded last year.

I don’t think he’s a leader-type when it comes to fighting for your team like that. More of a guy who will intensify an attitude that already exists.
Well someone fought, it just wasn’t him.

I don’t think anyone on Nashville would fight him. Look at his fight card, there’s no Emelin’s on that list.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
He is definitely filler, but there are other guys that suck but at least try to play hockey available on waivers all the time. Like wasn't Jussi Jokinen claimed just days before McLeod? Jokinen has sucked for a couple years now but will still bring more to the table than McLeod. If they just want warm bodies they can do better.

Also, just to be clear before someone comes in and tells me I'm just biased against tough guys (which is literally the opposite of the truth), I would have loved if we could have found another guy like Carcillo. Someone who is a tough SOB who will handle the dirty work but can also play a bit. McLeod is just an over-the-hill amateur boxer on skates .

Think Matt Martin has any game left ? Leafs want to dump him and may retain

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Goons are good at doing one thing. Putting your team on the PK by taking an instigator penalty after they charge in to fight after a big hit.

Reactions: Inferno

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad