Proposal: NYR-BUF

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Misunderstood you then but I think Treliving would do the deal also. Not that often that #1 centres are on the market for trade or in free agency.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
For a team to give up anywhere near the return Sabre fans think he is going to return a team has to feel he will be the piece that allows them to be a serious cup contender. Minus Colorado I just dont see a team that can take on 10 mill a year and has the prospects to do it. Do the AVs do that with some big dollar extensions coming? I doubt it. Teams like the Kings and Rangers if they give up 3 or 4 big time prospects are hurting their rebuild. I just dont see it as it doesn't make sense.

I think there is very limited circumstances where Buffalo gets a return Sabre fans are going to like. I also think as time passes and the sabres contimue to lose its only going to get worse.

Oh for the fans that say we don't have to trade him. Valid point but disrespecting a super star player is basically going to end your chances of landing superstar players in free agency. In fact get ready for Skinner type deals as you are going to have to overpay considerable for talent as I am sure they will opt for other teams.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
200.gif

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
At this point, I'm at "buyer beware" with Eichel. I'm concerned about his attitude, I'm concerned about the fact that in five seasons Eichel has not ONCE experienced a winning record or a playoff berth.

If the Rangers trade for Eichel, that pretty much guarantees Zibanejad exits. Last season, Ziba put up better production than Eichel and where did it get us? Swept in the play-in round where we only MADE the play in by a quirk of the math. I'm not saying Zib is better than Eichel. I'm saying this team needs more than a 70-ish point center to move past mediocrity.

At this point, unless something drastic happens that makes Eichel available at a steep discount, I'd rather roll the dice on a Zib extension of our #1 center and trust that Chytil and Strome can continue growing into solid, dependable middle six guys. The price tag is just too high for my comfort level. More power to Buffalo if they can get their price from someone though. It's a great city that deserves better.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
To New York:
Jack Eichel (6 years left @ 10 Million)

To Buffalo:
Filip Chytil (1 year left @ 894,166)
Kaapo Kakko (2 years left @ 925,000)
Ryan Strome (2 years left @ 4.5 Million)

New York’s Rationale:
Addresses the most glaring hole in their lineup at C with one the league’s premier talent with 6 years left on his contract. The Rangers look almost ready to contend and adding Eichel is a gigantic step forward.

Buffalo’s Rationale:
Puts Eichel out of his misery while recouping some valuable and young assets that will be apart of their core long term. If they can flip Hall with a plus for a decent young defensemen or a D prospect, their core will be pretty solid.

Does this at least get the conversation started between Buffalo and New York? Who adds or subtracts?

*I purposely did not include picks in the package going back to Buffalo because they don’t draft too well.

EDIT: Please provide feedback rather than just saying easy no from whichever side. I actually want to understand where I went wrong.

EDIT 2: Initially included Kravstov as wellbut removed because others said it was an overpayment.

If Eichel is traded here that means some big salary/contract has to go to Buffalo so either Kreider, Trouba or Panarin. And most likely DeAngelo would have to be included.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Ya'd end up selling nothing at a garage sale with that attitude. An extended Mark Stone returned Brannstrom and a 2nd. By the same logic, Stone is the best player in that trade and they trade a dollar for a quarter and a dime!
stone wasn't extended, when traded. he was in his last year and the extension was done with vegas. eichel still has years of term and is under buffalo's control. nothing comparable here.

Reactions: nashnaidoo

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
To New York:

To Buffalo:

New York’s Rationale:
Addresses the most glaring hole in their lineup at C with one the league’s premier talent with 6 years left on his contract. The Rangers look almost ready to contend and adding Eichel is a gigantic step forward.

Buffalo’s Rationale:
Puts Eichel out of his misery while recouping some valuable and young assets that will be apart of their core long term. If they can flip Hall with a plus for a decent young defensemen or a D prospect, their core will be pretty solid.

Does this at least get the conversation started between Buffalo and New York? Who adds or subtracts?

*I purposely did not include picks in the package going back to Buffalo because they don’t draft too well.

EDIT: Please provide feedback rather than just saying easy no from whichever side. I actually want to understand where I went wrong.

EDIT 2: Initially included Kravstov as wellbut removed because others said it was an overpayment.

Absolutely not from a Ranger fan.
I really think Sabre fans are going to be disappointed in the return for Jack.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Point being a star plus coming back. No 4 middle six players. Kakko has not impressed at all. Kings have much better futures to offer.
You aren't paying attention. Kakko has made huge strides from last season. I don't know what he will ultimately be, but he is a first line player without question. Chytil has been the Rangers best young forward and oozes high end talent.
Jack is a great player, but I just don't see these type of trades happen very often.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
To New York:

To Buffalo:

New York’s Rationale:

Buffalo’s Rationale:

Is there more than one player named Jack Eichel on Buffalo ?

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
You aren't paying attention. Kakko has made huge strides from last season. I don't know what he will ultimately be, but he is a first line player without question. Chytil has been the Rangers best young forward and oozes high end talent.
Jack is a great player, but I just don't see these type of trades happen very often.
Without question? Get out of here. The guy has 4 f***ing points on the year. The OP is garbage for a franchise player. You are right on one thing though we just don't see these type of trades happen very often (star player moved for a pile of trash).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad