Proposal: NYR-BUF

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I gave an example of Stone's deal and evaluated the returns in Stone's deal. Stop being obtuse. You said "Buffalo wouldn't trade Eichel for Brannstrom and 2nd" when no one should be able to draw that conclusion based on what I wrote.
You're delusional

Reactions: MisterT

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
You're delusional

this is another level of stupid. You also said "What's the point of comparing this to a different deal"

That's the whole point of this website. Using ideas and trades that have happened to evaluate and critique trade ideas.

Posters shouldn't be this defensive when a deal is brought up that isn't A HUGE WIN! and get angry because OMG YOU'RE BRINGING UP MARK STONE AND MY JACK EICHEL IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN HIM.

Reactions: bleedblue94

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Point being a star plus coming back. No 4 middle six players. Kakko has not impressed at all. Kings have much better futures to offer.

Good. Ship him to the Kings. I'm sure theyre dying to trade for eichel with Kopitar/Vilardi/Byfield/Turcotte/Madden/Kupari/etc in their pipeline.

Reactions: UncleOscar

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
this is another level of stupid. You also said "What's the point of comparing this to a different deal"

That's the whole point of this website. Using ideas and trades that have happened to evaluate and critique trade ideas.

Posters shouldn't be this defensive when a deal is brought up that isn't A HUGE WIN! and get angry because OMG YOU'RE BRINGING UP MARK STONE AND MY JACK EICHEL IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN HIM.
What? I do not understand

Reactions: Profet

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Rangers fans,
Would Kakko and one of Chytil or Kravstov plus a contract to make the money work suffice to get a deal done?

I think the value is fair there, but Rangers have no need to shed a contract to fit Eichel under the cap (unless its at this deadline, but theres really no point in doing so).

Reactions: EK392000 and Tob

Ledge And Dairy

Zero interest in keeping Eichel the East. If he demands a trade then the Kings, Ducks of Flames would be the best destination options.
Little off topic from the thread but idk if Calgary has the pieces to get him, I can't imagine there is any interest in moving Tkachuk and I would not be surprised if he is named Captain this summer either. What would it take then (assuming some sort of cap would have to go the other way between Gio, Monahan, Lucic)?

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Little off topic from the thread but idk if Calgary has the pieces to get him, I can't imagine there is any interest in mobing Tkachuk and I would not be surprised if he is named Captain this summer either. What would it take then (assuming some sort of cap would have to go the other way between Gio, Monahan, Lucic)?
Don’t think they have the pieces to get Eichel, unless you’re starting with Monahan. That won’t make sense for Buffalo though because trading Eichel should signal another rebuild where Monahan won’t be preferred over blue chip prospects.

Also, I highly doubt Tkatchuk gets the C. He’s a big part of that team but I don’t think you want a guy that plays that dirty to be wearing the C. Not a good look for the organization.

Ledge And Dairy

Don’t think they have the pieces to get Eichel, unless you’re starting with Monahan. That won’t make sense for Buffalo though because trading Eichel should signal another rebuild where Monahan won’t be preferred over blue chip prospects.

Also, I highly doubt Tkatchuk gets the C. He’s a big part of that team but I don’t think you want a guy that plays that dirty to be wearing the C. Not a good look for the organization.
Tkachuk is literally the heart and soul of the team, I see 0 issue with him getting it. Everyone in the locker room loves him

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
To get you have to give especially for a number one center.......Buffalo should hire Torts if he's done in Columbus , Buffalo has talent that I think needs a kick in the butt imo....

Reactions: Mrfenn92

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Tkachuk is literally the heart and soul of the team, I see 0 issue with him getting it. Everyone in the locker room loves him
Sure but how is it going to look when your Captain spears someone in the groin. Call me old-fashioned but captains should be professional and not pests.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Little off topic from the thread but idk if Calgary has the pieces to get him, I can't imagine there is any interest in moving Tkachuk and I would not be surprised if he is named Captain this summer either. What would it take then (assuming some sort of cap would have to go the other way between Gio, Monahan, Lucic)?
I think there is no deal if it is not Tkachuk+.

Rangers79

Aug 10, 2012
New Jersey
This wouldn't work overall for either team due to cap and needs. Sabres won't get as much as they think but they'll get a bit more/not those exact players.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rangers fans,
Would Kakko and one of Chytil or Kravstov plus a contract to make the money work suffice to get a deal done?

no
nyr not dealing bluest bluechip elcs needed for deep lineup + salary control going forward

I doubt Zib goes 4 yr ext at 6.25/6.5. An extra coupla $ is not a prob but we don't want to do long term.
Krav CAN play pivot would look good w/Kakko + breadman same line. He's weeks away.
Barron likely next yr.

The deal is a prearranged contr extension w/acquiring team for YOUNGER cost controlled high end futures.
NOT win now add a high end C which likey guts team.

Sabes should not deal Eichel.
However, IMO they WILL be FORCED to deal Dahlin for enuf to keep Eichel, Hall and Cozens happy.

Something around
a base of Zib, Buch + albatross of Skinner contract 2.5 retained from 9 to 6.5 and a +
for
Dahlin.

BUF immediately has competitive F depth, hopes emerging RDs will solve D corps probs if they can add 1-2 good LDs; has more cap flexibility w/o Skinner going forward

NYR consolidate, and can keep Dahlin as elc->rfa for 2+ yrs and trade if he costs too much later and we have sufficient LD options, while getting a haul for Dahlin if nec.
After exp dr, we can retain further + flip Skinner, or buy him out. That is not ideal, but it is the price of repurposing high end Zib + Buch into cost controlled assets. Skinner retained buy out is only $ and tolerable cap hit,

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Seriously?
If Tkachuk is the centrepiece in a trade for Eichel I'll drive him to the airport.
Calgary has been looking for an elite #1 centre since Nieuwendyk was traded.

Reactions: TFHockey

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
No thanks. Not interested in giving up any of Fox, Kakko, or Lafreniere period, with Shesterkin & Miller essentially at that level as well. If that means not overpaying massively for Eichel, so be it. Most I'd be willing to do is Buchnevich/Chytil, Kravtsov, Lundkvist, 1st, conditional 1st/2nd (NYR make it to SCF) for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad