Proposal: NYR-BUF

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
To New York:
Jack Eichel (6 years left @ 10 Million)

To Buffalo:
Filip Chytil (1 year left @ 894,166)
Kaapo Kakko (2 years left @ 925,000)
Ryan Strome (2 years left @ 4.5 Million)

New York’s Rationale:
Addresses the most glaring hole in their lineup at C with one the league’s premier talent with 6 years left on his contract. The Rangers look almost ready to contend and adding Eichel is a gigantic step forward.

Buffalo’s Rationale:
Puts Eichel out of his misery while recouping some valuable and young assets that will be apart of their core long term. If they can flip Hall with a plus for a decent young defensemen or a D prospect, their core will be pretty solid.

Does this at least get the conversation started between Buffalo and New York? Who adds or subtracts?

*I purposely did not include picks in the package going back to Buffalo because they don’t draft too well.

EDIT: Please provide feedback rather than just saying easy no from whichever side. I actually want to understand where I went wrong.

EDIT 2: Initially included Kravstov as wellbut removed because others said it was an overpayment.

Last edited:

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Would it be better if Chytil wasn’t included? Or is Kakko and Kravstov the part that makes it too much?

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Because Eichel is by far the best talent in the trade?? It’s not that hard to figure out. 4 quarters for a dollar.

Ya'd end up selling nothing at a garage sale with that attitude. An extended Mark Stone returned Brannstrom and a 2nd. By the same logic, Stone is the best player in that trade and they trade a dollar for a quarter and a dime!

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Ya'd end up selling nothing at a garage sale with that attitude. An extended Mark Stone returned Brannstrom and a 2nd. By the same logic, Stone is the best player in that trade and they trade a dollar for a quarter and a dime!
PLD has just returned Laine and Roslovic, what's the point of comparing different deals? Buffalo wouldn't trade Eichel for Brannstrom and 2nd.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Zero interest in keeping Eichel the East. If he demands a trade then the Kings, Ducks of Flames would be the best destination options.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Because Eichel is by far the best talent in the trade?? It’s not that hard to figure out. 4 quarters for a dollar.
1) star players are usually moved for quantities, not 1 for 1 trades.
2) Eichel seems disinterested in playing there.
3) Chytil looks like a very good future top 6 C with speed and skills. Kakko is growing into a 2-way beast, he's amazing at stealing the puck and he has improved his skating. Those 2 won't be packaged together for Eichel, also count in Kravtsov and Strome and you have an overpayment.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
PLD has just returned Laine and Roslovic, what's the point of comparing different deals? Buffalo wouldn't trade Eichel for Brannstrom and 2nd.

i didn't suggest buffalo would do that. You suggested that.

Those 3 players, 2 in the top 6 (kakko, chytil) plus Kravtsov at 21 excelling in the KHL, are worth a tremendous amount. It's not worth pulling apart an entire rebuild just to add Eichel for the next 5 years.

Reactions: GAGLine

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
1) star players are usually moved for quantities, not 1 for 1 trades.
2) Eichel seems disinterested in playing there.
3) Chytil looks like a very good future top 6 C with speed and skills. Kakko is growing into a 2-way beast, he's amazing at stealing the puck and he has improved his skating. Those 2 won't be packaged together for Eichel, also count in Kravtsov and Strome and you have an overpayment.
As mentioned before, best to trade Eichel out West. No Rangers. No Bruins without a massive overpayment.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Eichel will be the best player in any deal that involves him. If you cant accept that then no deal will be ok for you. 0 chance he gets traded for a better player than himself
Point being a star plus coming back. No 4 middle six players. Kakko has not impressed at all. Kings have much better futures to offer.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
i didn't suggest buffalo would do that. You suggested that.

Those 3 players, 2 in the top 6 (kakko, chytil) plus Kravtsov at 21 excelling in the KHL, are worth a tremendous amount. It's not worth pulling apart an entire rebuild just to add Eichel for the next 5 years.
You gave an example of Stone's deal. I have no idea why we should trade Eichel.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Rangers fans,
Would Kakko and one of Chytil or Kravstov plus a contract to make the money work suffice to get a deal done?

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
The trade proposal from OP isn't going to be loved by Rangers fans at all. I can understand wanting a kings ransom and jump start a rebuild but this acquisition for the Sabres is like 75% of what most teams would need to COMPLETE a rebuild, not start it. Trading away the best of our 2017, 2019, and potentially 2018 draft is a cost that hefty for a team coming out of a rebuild. It's just not feasible to undo years of work for a win now players.

Then the Sabres defenders come in and start pouting.

Reactions: rangersfansince08

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Buffalo hangs up. Classic HFboards: we want one of the best young centres in hockey but don’t want to give away any of our best young pieces. Who from the OPs offer is a game changer for Buffalo?Seeing Eichel in the East for 6 more years needs a huge overpay for the Sabres to consider it. Rather send him to LA.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
You gave an example of Stone's deal. I have no idea why we should trade Eichel.

I gave an example of Stone's deal and evaluated the returns in Stone's deal. Stop being obtuse. You said "Buffalo wouldn't trade Eichel for Brannstrom and 2nd" when no one should be able to draw that conclusion based on what I wrote.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Zero interest in keeping Eichel the East. If he demands a trade then the Kings, Ducks of Flames would be the best destination options.

And that's fine. I just can't see the Rangers giving up that much quality youth for 1 very expensive, though also very good, player. And Strome on top of that, who has been good for us again this year, even without Panarin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad