Speculation: Nylander XV (on the block per Friedman) (MOD WARNING ON POST #250)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Never mind that Lou had ten months -- from July 1, 2017 to April 30, 2018 -- to sign Nylander but he failed to do.

If one of those team-friendly April deals were going to happen there's no reason Lou wouldn't have done it in April 2018.

Dubas hasn't even been on the job for ten months, let alone in April, but please don't let the facts stand in your way here.

he doesn't need facts for passive-aggressive Dubas flybys

Reactions: Monsieur Gustave H

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Sure, there’d be an add to Pesce, but CAR desperately needs scoring fwds. Ferland is currently leading the team in goals and adds a physical dimension to their top 6 they’ve lacked for ages. They really wanted him included in the Hamilton deal so I highly doubt they’ll deal him after 20gms especially since he’s meshed so we’ll eith Teravainen and Aho. And no, Leafs fans who’s think Pesce plus Teravainen would be offered need to give their head a shake. CAR needs to add Nylander to what they have in Aho/Ferland/TT. Nylander ideally would be the anchor of another actual scoring line with Svechnikov and/or Necas.

Rask plus Pesce would be absolutely great from a CAR perspective, but that ain’t happening. More likely something like Pesce plus Foegele plus 2018 BUF 2nd or a prospect like Roy/Gauthier/Zykov. I’m not sure that even gets it done, but that’d be my my max offer, unless Dubas would take Faulk instead of Pesce. Hell, I’d add an unprotected 1st or maybe even Necas to Faulk, but that kinda defeats the purpose for TOR as Pesce fits into their current D much better than Faulk would.

A 1st and/Necas are off the table if Pesce is the D going over.
I’d accept a Pesce + Foegele + 2nd/Kuokkanan

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Too many people are undervaluing Nylander and his already contributions and not to mention for some reason HF board posters don’t seem to think he has a future nor any potential. What a sad sad day. :(

Nobody is undervaluing him. He’s a hell of a player and everyone realizes that. Nobody said he has no future or no potential idk where your pulling that from. So I really don’t know where your going with this

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Did Willy just get worse or something?

Are you just not understanding the obvious trading values or are you just pulling something completely unrelated up to try and make a point? I think your trying to make a point? I don’t really know tbh

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Based on what Dreger said, this is my best guess is to what Dubas might be looking for from potentially interested teams. You dont have to agree with it, but its just what I think he going be asking for.

Anaheim: Josh Manson + Ritchie?

Minnesota: Spurgeon + Foligno?

Carolina: Pesce + Ferland?

Columbus: David Savard + Josh Anderson?

Edmonton: Darnell Nurse + Khaira/Kassian?

Los Angeles: Muzzin + Pearson?

Philadephia: Sanheim + Simmonds?
Some of these are wishful thinking. Nylander at 7.5+ really isn't as much of an "asset" as you may think.

Look to the return the Bruins got on Hamilton. One 1st + two 2nds. Pesce + Ferland is completely unreasonable.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Never mind that Lou had ten months -- from July 1, 2017 to April 30, 2018 -- to sign Nylander but he failed to do.

If one of those team-friendly April deals were going to happen there's no reason Lou wouldn't have done it in April 2018.

Dubas hasn't even been on the job for ten months, let alone in April, but please don't let the facts stand in your way here.

Lou could've also not given Marleau 3 years @ 6.25 to be a 45 point player.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Some of these are wishful thinking. Nylander at 7.5+ really isn't as much of an "asset" as you may think.

Look to the return the Bruins got on Hamilton. One 1st + two 2nds. Pesce + Ferland is completely unreasonable.

It kinda goes both ways though. Most leaf fans dont feel as if Pesce is really a top 4 Defenseman and isnt as good as people make him out to be. We dont really consider Pesce an "asset either". I feel like people are shoving Pesce down our throats mainly due to the contract being so reasonable.

I'll gladly take Ferland out if Slavin is in the deal instead of Pesce.

Slavin + Martinook and then we got a deal

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well said, some fans don't realize that maybe Nylander wanted to be the second line centre on the Leafs team but that's gone out the window with the Tavares signing. Now the Leafs own his rights until he's 27 I believe, what's to stop him with signing with a KHL team or playing in Europe somewhere and coming back to the NHL as an UFA. Only Nylander knows what he wants to do whereas the fans of the Leafs and other fans don't know.
Hell, there's no way that Nylander should supplant Kadri as a 3C. Like it or not, Nylander is probably the 7th most important player on the Leafs right now.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
What makes people think the hurricanes are at all interested in moving Pesce? Let alone Pesce + valuable assets?

Maybe because literally all the insiders have claimed that Pesce is the main player the Hurricanes are offering in any Nylander deal?

Bob Mckenzie just reiterated that just an hour ago as well

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Are you just not understanding the obvious trading values or are you just pulling something completely unrelated up to try and make a point? I think your trying to make a point? I don’t really know tbh
Willys value hasn't changed because of this contract negotiation taking this long. If you are implying that the longer it takes the less another team will offer. There is no desperation on the part of Dubas,I mean he would like to have Willy in the line-up ,but it isn't a neccesity.
His value is what the market says it is. There are peers that are an accurate /fair comparison. The team trading for him will have to pay that as well as give up assets. I don't think he gets traded for this very reason. Dubas just has to offer 'peer money',or Willy sits. His value hasn't changed at all.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Willys value hasn't changed because of this contract negotiation taking this long. If you are implying that the longer it takes the less another team will offer. There is no desperation on the part of Dubas,I mean he would like to have Willy in the line-up ,but it isn't a neccesity.
His value is what the market says it is. There are peers that are an accurate /fair comparison. The team trading for him will have to pay that as well as give up assets. I don't think he gets traded for this very reason. Dubas just has to offer 'peer money',or Willy sits. His value hasn't changed at all.

How has his value not changed when Tor is on a deadline? So what your saying is that even though they need to trade or sign him (or not play him but how is that good for a cup contender) by Dec 1st it makes no difference on the return they would get for him? It’s obvious that if they want to trade him Tor has no leverage. Nyl is a problem for Tor rn and no team is going to overpay to fix it. We are agreed that he most likely won’t get traded though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad