Speculation: Nylander XV (on the block per Friedman) (MOD WARNING ON POST #250)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007

If Nylander is going to Montreal, think Gallagher + Mete + 2nd.
Petry is a non starter.​
Wouldn't trade Gallagher alone for Nylander. GTFO.

Wow...what? Now we understand, and can move on...from you.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Honestly , this situation sucks
Even if Nylander signs tomorrow, this media and fan base is always going to hold it over his head.

That's why I think trade is the only option. I am a fan, so it isn't like talking trade will somehow lower his value... he's a good hockey player with a very high ceiling(IMO Pastrnak type production shouldn't be out of the question) his physicality will always be talked about, which may hinder his ability to be a 1C. But he is a sure fire 1st liner and a team will be happy to get him.... I bet he is hungry to get going, and a trade could light a fire.

Reactions: powerstuck

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Honestly I wouldn't be upset with that deal.

Move Toronto's 1st round pick and Columbus's 2nd round pick to Columbus for Panarin

Move Toronto's 2020 1st and Montreal's 2019 2nd to LA for Muzzin at the TDL.

Move Marleau at the draft, use the open cap with Gardiner and Hainsey leaving to bring in Edler. Let the old Swede teach the young Swede the professional life, and how to be a solid two-way guy. Leafs have a formidable defensive group that is very cost effective, and it gives Liljegren and Sandin time to really ease into the NHL.

Rielly/Petry
Muzzin/Zaitsev
Edler/Liljegren

If there is money left over after everything is said and done, sign Simmonds to give the team some two-way offensive depth.

That is how you not only compete for the cup this year, but have a solid 3 year window after the fact. You don't have to rush your young guys into the League, and you don't have to rely on massive free agency signings. Nylander would maybe get you Pesce, but if you're moving Nylander you need not only a defensive piece but something else to really bolster your roster (or assets that help you make the moves to do that) --- Pesce is far too valuable to get that.

Again, it boils down to what you want to do -- If you want to piss away this year and wait until Liljegren and Sandin are ready then you do you ^.^

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Well your not getting Nylander for Petry + and bunch of 2nds....

Weber is the player Toronto would want, but understandably they couldn't do it without Montreal retaining heavily, and if they're going to do that more than Nylander is coming back in return.

At the end of the day, everyone thinking that Nylander is going to fetch a return like it's the 2018 Entry Draft is high; this situation has absolutely decimated his value.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Move Toronto's 1st round pick and Columbus's 2nd round pick to Columbus for Panarin

Move Toronto's 2020 1st and Montreal's 2019 2nd to LA for Muzzin at the TDL.

Move Marleau at the draft, use the open cap with Gardiner and Hainsey leaving to bring in Edler. Let the old Swede teach the young Swede the professional life, and how to be a solid two-way guy. Leafs have a formidable defensive group that is very cost effective, and it gives Liljegren and Sandin time to really ease into the NHL.

Rielly/Petry
Muzzin/Zaitsev
Edler/Liljegren

If there is money left over after everything is said and done, sign Simmonds to give the team some two-way offensive depth.

That is how you not only compete for the cup this year, but have a solid 3 year window after the fact. You don't have to rush your young guys into the League, and you don't have to rely on massive free agency signings. Nylander would maybe get you Pesce, but if you're moving Nylander you need not only a defensive piece but something else to really bolster your roster (or assets that help you make the moves to do that) --- Pesce is far too valuable to get that.

Again, it boils down to what you want to do -- If you want to piss away this year and wait until Liljegren and Sandin are ready then you do you ^.^
I wouldn't move any 1st rd picks. Seems Leafs always did that in the past. the old draft shmaft schtick.
When we keep our picks we get William, Mathews, Rielly, Marner, Kadri, Liljegren.
When we trade our 1sts we get shafted. :laugh:

Last edited:

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Why are you even here (in this thread) if you don’t want Nylander?

Because there's not much else to follow in the hockey world right now. I'm still curious what's going to happen to him. I know there's no chance the Habs acquire him for a fair price.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Was hoping to go at least 24 hours before having to ignore another Nylander thread. Shoulda known better.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
The Habs don't have a Dman that would constitute a fair price.

Both Weber and Petry would be great center pieces (depending on amount of salary retained) for Nylander in this current situation

Six months ago you may have had a point.

Morning Dart

Jun 22, 2013
Toronto
Both Weber and Petry would be great center pieces (depending on amount of salary retained) for Nylander in this current situation

Six months ago you may have had a point.

Weber and Petry would be garbage centre pieces for Nylander, regardless of salary retention. Considering any Nylander trade would be contingent on the acquiring team agreeing a long-term contract with Nylander, his “current situation” means zero, which is conveniently the same number of assets the Habs possess that would be “great centrepieces” for Nylander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad