Player Discussion Nylander After the Contract

What was the right contract?

• Total voters

diannand

Oct 23, 2021
Totally being out classed by Boston. Like we're never gonna win with the likes of Nylander and Marner, just too many mistakes. Plus in my opinion Samsonov is not gonna lead us to the promised land. Trade for a real goalie to at least give us a chance. Sorry for venting, but I shut the game off so disgusted. Fan since the days of the Bester and the tied up jerseys being tossed on the ice.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Totally being out classed by Boston. Like we're never gonna win with the likes of Nylander and Marner, just too many mistakes. Plus in my opinion Samsonov is not gonna lead us to the promised land. Trade for a real goalie to at least give us a chance. Sorry for venting, but I shut the game off so disgusted. Fan since the days of the Bester and the tied up jerseys being tossed on the ice.
Nylander played like he was on tye trading block
I mean teams got better,I get it ,but the leafs trade deadline deals were signing mathews marner and tavaras and willy 5
-6- years ago
Dubas started this and quite frankly it's gonna be a shiny race car that never wins the checker flag

Reactions: rumman

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022

Leafs look like a bunch of Boys playing against their childhood heros.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
He was dogshit last night. Just like those other losers Matthews, Marner and the phoniest POS captain ever Tavares.

Yep been dogshit for a few weeks. Willie is an all or less than nothing type guy. He is either a superstar or barely a replacement player. If he is not scoring he is utterly useless. He has no interest in playing D, he has no interest in doing anything but having all the glory. If he is not scoring he is on par with the impact Reaves brings.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Absolutely brutal effort last night.

I'd love to see him just one get pissed off, go Hulk and rampage through the other teams players. Anger is a great advantage in contact sport, if you know how to use it as fuel.

Willie just once I want to see your pace match this song's aggression

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
This board needs a therapist. The micro-analysis on a day to day basis in a long 82 game season is mind boggly. Have some more respect for a league wide top 10 scorer. If you followed all the other stars in the game on a day to day 24/7 basis you will find they do really stupid stuff as well.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
12 points away from the century mark. Who would have ever thought Willy would hit it before Marner?! His defensive game has been up and down but his offensive game has reached another level this year. Glad we locked Willy up for another 8 years.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
12 points away from the century mark. Who would have ever thought Willy would hit it before Marner?! His defensive game has been up and down but his offensive game has reached another level this year. Glad we locked Willy up for another 8 years.

It's impressive, doing that on the second with JT

Reactions: saffronleaf

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
He was on a 117 point pace when he signed. Now needs 12 points in 15 games to hit 100. Sure, maybe Tavares has something to do with it, but pre contract Willie was a beast. Post contract Willie is a slightly better version of the same old Willie.

Waiting to see which Willie shows up in round #1.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Points are great but it doesn't appear he'll ever figure out how to play in his own end.
Dumb, indifferent or lazy, not sure which it is.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Points are great but it doesn't appear he'll ever figure out how to play in his own end.
Dumb, indifferent or lazy, not sure which it is.
Someone posted some stats a couple of weeks ago showing that defensively, Nylander's much improved this season. I don't remember the numbers exactly but they showed him going from terrible defensively to average (my rough take on the numbers anyway). If whoever posted the numbers sees this post, perhaps they can share them again?

Now that might not sound like much but it's actually a pretty big improvement, it suggests that he has indeed "figured out" a thing or two and that the words "dumb, indifferent and lazy" don't apply here.

I know you're one of the biggest Marner boosters around here but you should really stop putting down Nylander to make your boy look better. Nyalnder's taken a massive step forward this season both offensively and defensively, maybe we should just leave it at that and be happy.

Reactions: CelticDruid

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Over the past three years Willy just works (on offense atleast). Doesn't matter where you put him, doesn't matter the situation. Nylander is going to do him and execute on most nights. Great evolution of the player

Past 3 years PPG, minimum 200 games played:

1710959210170.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad