GDT: NYIslanders @ Toronto - Second Sprint Starts - 2/5/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Every game is big here on out. The Red Wings are right on our ass this year making things interesting and they have added Kane for their playoff push. The Lightning are just starting to get hot after a rough start.

We need to be sharp and avoid being one of the bubble teams late in the season. This city can't handle the pressure lol. Need our secondary scoring to step up and actually provide.... secondary scoring. It's going to be a tight race this year.

View attachment 814874
I mean realistically if I had to choose I would take WC1 over 3rd in the division every day of the week lol give me the metro.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Is Matt Martin the last guy left in the league to not wear a visor?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Reaves and Martin would be a pretty good tilt.
Is Reaves dressing tonight? (looks like he is)

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021

It's true. The top of the standings is usually consistent with important possession stats. Mainly due to the top teams having a clear difference in talent from the rest of the league. Over a 82 game span the difference is shown both with eye-test and excel sheets.

However, there's almost 0% chance the Leafs are going to miss the playoffs even if this stat doesn't change by this point. We've defied the norm as far as the regular season goes. After that, the possession stats break down. There's no "you must meet criteria x" anymore as far as the playoffs are concerned.

The only criteria afer that is the Leafs just have to play hard and finish their chances and get some saves..... and their odds are great. We will be a hard team to beat 4 times first in a 7 game span, that much I know for sure.

Reactions: Evilhomer

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I mean realistically if I had to choose I would take WC1 over 3rd in the division every day of the week lol give me the metro.
Same

I don’t need to see tkachuk and bennett punk M&M all over again

I’ve had my fill of that for the rest of my life

Plus I’d much rather than rangers or Carolina. I feel we stack up well against either

However I also don’t like losing games, even if it’s regular season…soooooo somehow we need to be a 110 point wildcard team

Reactions: hamzarocks

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
Not sure how this place is so insecure that posts like this have become standard.

Our talent has been the best core in 2 of their last 3 series, all of which has been ECF caliber.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
perspective once again rears it's ugly head............
Am I jaded at this point? Absolutely.

But I think I am still fair when it's deserved. I can appreciate we have a few players who are winners and a few players who give it their all every chance they can. But it's quite obvious after decades of watching this team and hockey that unless a miracle happens this group won't be getting it done.

Hopefully something happens before I die and that's probably the worry for a lot of people. We've committed decades of our lives to supporting this team and it's getting more and more likely that we'll never see them win.

Reactions: rumman

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Yeah the entire timeline since 1967 is the core's fault. Thanks for filling in my gap in knowledge.
That has no relevance as you said how has this place become so insecure. It goes back much past this core and rightfully so.

But if you really want to get into this core then ONE FOR EIGHT with a couple of them being layups. We remain the joke of the league at a time when we were supposed to be competing for if not winning cups.

Reactions: rumman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad