Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Josh Bailey extends with the Islanders (6 years, $5M AAV)

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
5m cap hit is cheap for his production this year. Nice to see not all players go for the juggular when negotiating contracts. Deal is fair for both parties.

NYI need to try convince Tavares still. Is Snow going to make a big time splash at the TDL? Got lots of picks he could use

No point. They aren’t going anywhere this year and only one playoff spot is in essence open at this point. I guess the Devils may still collapse late but I don’t like the Isles chances fighting Columbus for that final spot

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
He was exclusively a 3rd line player for his first 8 seasons?

Around 2011-12 he was, yes. I remember our third line was Rolston-Bailey-Comeau. I was (and still am) convinced that Rolston turned Comeau into a malcontent in the Islanders locker room, and that's why Comeau was waived 16 games into the season. Bailey's game suffered, but he took FOREVER to recover.

Bailey stayed as a third liner until mid-way through the 2015-16 when they tested the Lee-Tavares-Bailey line for the first time. Then in 16-17 that line played together a bit more, then this year they became a permanent line (after a few games with Eberle on the first line).

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
This deal terrifies me.

If Tavares stays, it's better. They clearly have chemistry and Bailey has been an offensive catalyst the last 1.5 years. But it took him EIGHT AND A HALF SEASONS for him to get his **** together. He also has barely succeeded outside of playing with JT, so I'm not holding my breath that he can keep this up.

If JT leaves, this is really REALLY scary. Not only does this prevent bringing a better player to take his spot, but Bailey could be named our next captain. It's amazing the short-term memory this league has.

I'll give Bailey credit for really turning things around, but this year could be an anomaly, not the new norm.

I'm not a fan of this at all.

When are you going to get over Bailey kicking your dog? You've always had it in for him, even now.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
When are you going to get over Bailey kicking your dog? You've always had it in for him, even now.
PW, you don't comment on the main boards enough. You and Kevin27 . You're intelligence and rationality are needed more than you know. Codee and crew99 can't do it alone

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Big question is if the isles get this deal done, without giving a ntc or nmc.

I would think Bailey wants to stay and the security of a NTC/NMC is paramount for him and his family with the rumored numbers. He's got 2 young kids and for those of us that are familiar with LI, they probably love it here and $5M/year sets him up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad