Waived: [NYI] F Julien Gauthier waived by the Islanders (cleared)

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
With Monahan traded, Montreal is low on warm bodies, and he is a local kid on a contract that can be easily buried if need be.

Plus they lost Lindstrom on waivers so they have two more spots on the 50 man, so he’s worth a look. Rather have him on the 4th line than Roy, who I’d rather see get lots of minutes in all situations in Laval.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I don't think he wants to be a player.

When he was with the Rangers, I could not believe that this guy would not take the puck to the net. He's so strong and he's very fast. You almost have to take a penalty to stop him. A player who draws penalties and puts your team on the PP 2-3 times a game is not com9ng out of the lineup.

If he had an ounce of heart and played even a marginally gritty game he should be a solid bottom six forward. Doesn't look like it matters to him.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Like Gauthier, Rangers and Islanders fans can remember:

Michael Grabner says "hi".

He'd have been a 50g player if he had hands.
He was great for NYR. His hands were awesome in his own end. And he scored at a 30 goal rate pace/82 in his 139 games for us. So can't really complain. But yeah, he seemed to be better just shooting and less thinking than trying to make some deke.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Surprised that he cleared. With his age, cost, size and speed, thought he was worth a gamble for a number of teams

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Makes little sense as he did okay, but perhaps there’s a trade incoming

With a 2-year contract, the risk of being claimed is less, I would guess. Could also mean we might bring up a player, not just a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad