Waived: [NYI] F Julien Gauthier waived by the Islanders (cleared)

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Not sure what's up from an NYI perspective. Don't think this is to make room for a returning player on IR.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
He was an intriguing prospect leading up to the 16 draft, that's for sure. His range was wide, anywhere from bust to effective power forward.
Too bad.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
A real oddity of a player - I still wonder how he would look getting fed a ton of ice by a bottom-dwelling team. He never scored enough with the Rangers but he always looked like he "could" score.

David Quinn does have Gauthier Experience, which sounds about as much fun as coaching the Sharks.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I still find it funny looking back, i didn't really like him as a prospect. I thought he was gonna turn into another Mantha-lite at best though.

But then it turned out that he actually matured into a very different sort of quasi-bust. I'll give him a lot of credit for actually rounding out his game. It's surprising to me that it's the scoring part that just never materialized for him.

Even watching him now....it feels as though he should be able to do some scoring. But then he doesn't.

I kind of wonder if he doesn't find a way to take a similar route to Phil Di Giuseppe over time though. Based on the progress Gauthier has made on his all-around game already, and the tools he obviously has...i could see him being a guy who continues to just stick around and chip away at it. Journeyman style. Maybe have a fun little hot streak somewhere for a little while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad