WWE: NXT Part 6 -- The Dream has no memory of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I suspect it's because they need the content for a TV episodes, they either do two at Takeover, or five during the taping next week (or two clip episodes). The dates I posted above won't workout unless they do something different from normal.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i understand the weird taping concept. but what about me? :(

the card will deliver. it always do... but i really wanted this the same night.(on tv)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I would do Almas/Gargiano for the Rumble Takeover.

It finally looks like Johnny Wrestling regained his mojo and is going to become champ when Ciampa rips it from him at the last second

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They’ve already done that match twice, they usually don’t go the second time unless they’re rematching for the title. But that’s also a problem for Andrade is that he’s fought almost everyone already.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah, I'm not really sure who you give him as an opponent. Him winning really was a surprise for me. I've said before that I expected this to be a filler title match until it was time for Cole to win at the Rumble, so I half expect Almas to be passing it to Cole too. But that's heel vs heel and it'll turn Cole fully face (he started at cool heel), and I don't think that is what should be happening.

It's going to make reading the spoilers from the taping really interesting.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If there's a place where you want to give heel vs. heel dynamic a shot, it is definitely in Philadelphia. This is an ROH town, crowd will be for Adam Cole no matter what. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Triple Threat, it's something they haven't done yet for the title at a takeover.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
If it's Cole is there anyway Cole doesn't win the title? Which would make...3 straight Takeover's where the World title has changed? I dunno about that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If it's Cole is there anyway Cole doesn't win the title? Which would make...3 straight Takeover's where the World title has changed? I dunno about that.

If McIntyre is hurt, then plans might have to change. I don't know if they would have rematched at Takeover, but if they were, that would have been a place where it wouldn't have changed hands.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They’ve already done that match twice, they usually don’t go the second time unless they’re rematching for the title. But that’s also a problem for Andrade is that he’s fought almost everyone already.

I think they need to pull the trigger on Black soon as well, but I wanted to hold off on that until the Mania Takeover.

Figured that match would have been a good way to get the heat back on a returning Ciampa and get people heated again for that feud.

Men’s division is pretty loaded in NXT right now even with Drew hurt. They have quite a few directions to go on.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
So, with the Women's Division now light 5 women, what's the card looking like. I posted last night but the division, as it stands, consists of the following women who've competed on TV or were on the Mae Young Classic and have signed with WWE. People who I'm not sure of their status I've marked with a "?"

Aaliyah
Shayna Baszler
Sage Beckett
Bianca Belair
Marti Belle
Vanessa Borne
Taynara Conti
Nikki Cross
Kavita Devi
Lacey Evans
Jazzy Gabert (?)
Dakota Kai
Billy Kay
Abbey Laith
Candice LeRae (?)
Mercedes Martinez
Ember Moon
Rhea Ripley
Peyton Royce
Kairi Sane
Zeda

While there are a few women we see more regularly (Moon, Cross, Kay, and Royce), there are a few we see more irregularly (Aaliyah), have just started and seem poised to be pushed (Belair, Conti, LeRae, Sane), or we've seen with some regularity and seem to have faded away a little (Evans). What's the direction of the women's division? I imagine the foursome of Moon, Cross, Kay, and Royce will be your title tier contenders (at least until Kay and Royce get called up) but what of the rest? Especially if any other MYC participants who were well-regarded (Piper Niven, Toni Storm, and Tessa Blanchard especially) end up getting signed? It seems Niven's run in Japan has ended and she's back in the UK working IWC and while Gabert worked a house show after the MYC (if I'm not mistaken) she's not been otherwise involved with WWE, but has hinted on social media that "Alpha Female" will be no more and she'll explain more in December. So, where does the developmental women's roster go from here?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They only need to have a select few pushed at a time, and they have those people lined up. The bigger question might be more about what are they going to do with all these women when they’re called ip

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I don't think anything has actually changed as far as TV goes.

Ruby was the only one who was a character on TV, but she wasn't in the title picture so has a clean break to leave. Someone will have to step up to fill the gap, but you can literally pick anyone and give them a storyline to do that. Sonya was getting a bit of a push, but they hadn't done anything with her other than that so is replaceable by anyone. Liv showed up every now and then, as did Mandy, but they also had nothing happening so don't need replacing. Sarah had only been used as a jobber. So there are no gaps created by the call ups except Ruby.

You still have the clear top stars in Ember, Kairi, Nikki, Peyton, and Billie, so it's just a case of picking who you want to push from nothing to make up numbers. Can't really guess who as no one has a starting point to move from outside Bianca, who'll probably get a push as she's getting over with her hair gimmick.

The next set of tapings are next week (29th), so we'll probably see who's getting a push next week.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dakota Kai has been teaming with Kairi at house shows, so I'm assuming she'll be the next to move forward. On the heel side, probably Mercedes Martinez, she's already had a match with Ember. I guess she is signed, I had never heard one way or the other.

Strange thing is Sarah, Liv, and Ruby were all turned heel.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I would do Almas/Gargiano for the Rumble Takeover.

It finally looks like Johnny Wrestling regained his mojo and is going to become champ when Ciampa rips it from him at the last second

If Ciampa is gonna be good to go for TakeOver NO, which is around the time he could be back, then i'd definitely do this.

Then do Black vs Almas at NO as well and pull the trigger on Black. I was assuming Cole would beat Drew at the Rumble TakeOver and eventually lose the belt to Black but idk

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Cole/Black will be something

if Cole wins it at Rumble Weekend, Cole/Black could be Mania weekend oh lawd

Reactions: Disclose

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They've already done Almas/Gargano twice, and now Gargano's lost the UK Title, so it won't look good for him to be #1 contender.

The #1 contender should be Adam Cole. This is assuming that McIntrye is on the shelf.

Also, this week's NXT will be from the San Antonio house show prior to Takeover. Trying to 1-up ROH.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I wonder how they'll present that show on TV, will it be before or after Takeover on the 'official' timeline? But this will bridge the gap between Takeover and the next set of tapings on Wednesday.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Looking at the dates they've release, this should be when things are happening:

Taping - (Episodes)
Nov 29th Full Sail - (Dec 6th, 13th, 20th, Jan 3rd)
Jan 4th Atlanta - (Jan 10th, 17th, 24th)
Jan 27th Rumble - (Takeover, Jan 31st)
Feb 1st Atlanta - (Feb 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th) - OR - (Feb 7th, 14th, 21st)
Feb 2nd Atlanta - (Mar 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th) - OR - (Feb 28th, Mar 7th, 14th)

The missing Dec 27th episode should be the clip show.

If they do four shows on the second and third Atlanta dates, then they'll end up being 1 episode (Apr 4th) short of the 'Mania Takeover. If they do three episodes, then they'll need another taping date to do the (Mar 21st, 28th, Apr 4th) episodes. There currently isn't one announced yet, but I expect they'll announce a Full Sail date mid-March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad