WWE: NXT Part 6 -- The Dream has no memory of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Catching up on the last 3 weeks. Who the heck is the girl doing the ring announcing from the week after the week after Takeover? Soooo bad

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
I was skeptical Bate and Dunne would be able to match their previous iterations given how recent they were, but boy did they deliver another instant classic. Even more impressive given their youth.

Also happy to see reDragon take the tag titles since Cole has been booked a little weak lately, so UE needed a bit of a pump. Although I'm not confident Sanity will be well used on the main roster, they deserve the leap. Hopefully that's forthcoming after dropping the belts.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
man. the idiot who was streaming this had his dvr thing to switch to Total Divas at 9pm, so it changed the channel before the ending.... huhuh

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
The match went 12 minutes over. I can't recall if NXT's ever done that before for the weekly show.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
reDRAgon’s new finisher is great.

I don’t think they’ve ever gone over but they did kayfabe preempt an entire card just under 2 years ago when Sami Zayn and Joe went 50 minutes in a 2/3 falls match.

UK Division has a problem in that no one else is built up to be a legitimate challenger to Dunne. They’ve already gone outside the division. Whatever they’re doing with a UK show needs to happen quite soon. We’re coming up on a year since that tournament, and all they basically did was a pilot that they’d be selling to any other network.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So, this was the big end-of-year-end-of-tapings episode. Johnny Sports Entertainment wins the fatal 4-way with a slingshot DDT on Aleister Black after he jumped by Undisputed Era during the match, and Johnny hits a running hurricarana into Killian Dain who went into Lars Sullivan and the steps. Obviously big reaction from the Full Sail crowd. Ember Moon also beats Sonya Deville to retain the NXT Women's Title. Afterward Kairi Sane enters for a stare down, but gets jumped by the debuting Queen of Spades, "Submission Magician" Shayna Baszler. Next week will be the 2-hour best of 2017 episode, with includes a 'special look' at Ember Moon. I guess Hunter feels the need to get her more over, and maybe he should.

Reactions: Virtanen18

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
it would be weird if Gargano was the champ going into Mania with Ciampa chasing it

I like the idea I saw on reddit of Takeover New Orleans being a 4 Way Elimination match with Gargano and Ciampa the final 2

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This is one angle not even the WWE could screw up.

Or maybe they can. They've done it before.
This is NXT, they seldom screw stuff like that up.

They also generally don’t do outside interference either though.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
NXT gonna break our hearts again at NO. Either Johny gonna be seconds away from winning the title only to be screwed by Ciampa...or Johny does win and then as he is about to go behind the curtain...Ciampa gonna beat the hell out of Johny :cry:

Ciampa vs Johny gonna be MOTY 2018. Get Hype.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Match was very fun and my goodness, the pop Gargano got might be the loudest NXT pop ever for TV!

Or maybe he wins it and the Ciampa fued is for the belt.... I can't see them hot potatoeing the belt at 3 straight TakeOvers tho
The thing with "hotshotting" the title at consecutive Takeover's is simple - they're month apart. So even if it seems like the reigns are short, they're actually not too short.

For example, McIntyre was champion for 91 days.. which is basically 3-months.

The title has only changed hands 3 times in 2017. In 2016, it changed hands 4-times.

So I could definitely see Gargano winning and then being attacked, giving us a Wrestlemania Takeover Main Event of Ciampa vs. Gargano.

NXT gonna break our hearts again at NO. Either Johny gonna be seconds away from winning the title only to be screwed by Ciampa...or Johny does win and then as he is about to go behind the curtain...Ciampa gonna beat the hell out of Johny :cry:

Ciampa vs Johny gonna be MOTY 2018. Get Hype.
Someone on Reddit said they'll have Gargano win and celebrate and then right as we're about the fade to black and the logo shows up ... so does Ciampa.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You usually have to actually beat people in defending the title to make it a strong title reign. Which McIntyre did do once, he beat Roderick Strong.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kind of strange since they did the match already on TV just 2 weeks ago.

last night they also showed the match in San Antonio between McIntyre and Cole with HBK as the ref.

A big build up on that year-end special though was like a 20-minute feature on Ember Moon.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Shayna Baszler is a savage.

Adam Cole v. Aleister Black in an Extreme Rules match, at Takeover in my city of Philadelphia

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
UE probably comes out and attacks Black so Cole can get the win
They have their own match, so I'm not sure about that one. They just did at at the 4-way.

They generally don't do hardly any outside interference at Takeovers. In fact, I don't know if I've ever seen a Takeover where they have.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
They have their own match, so I'm not sure about that one. They just did at at the 4-way.

They generally don't do hardly any outside interference at Takeovers. In fact, I don't know if I've ever seen a Takeover where they have.

Then Phili could be the first!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So we make 2 more matches official, and make one from official to unofficial.

Gargano/Velveteen Dream for #1 contender. Gargano cut a great angry promo about people doubting him and talking behind his back.

Ember Moon being positioned as demanding a match with a challenger for her own title. Shayna Baszler, who is like, already the best heel on the brand, choking out Aliyah. I don't know good the match will be, but the story is good, both girls want to murder each other, but I'm pretty sure Ember is still going to win, though. Would seem a bit hasty given all they did into her winning the title just to drop it at the next Takeover, but you never know, Triple H is able to surprise you sometimes.

AOP vs. Fish and O'Reilly, where Undisputed Era basically have to win, but it's a heel vs. heel dynamic. My city is a ROH town, though.

Roderick Strong calls out Lars Sullivan, who last week called out Killian Dain. I guess a triple threat is happening there, nothing was resolved from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad