WWE: NXT Part 6 -- The Dream has no memory of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
that was so sweet.. i already said it, but kudos to PAtrick Clark for making something out of the Velveteen Dream. such a fun character...
and well Aleister Back is probably the best thing they have on nxt. defenitely a fun feud.

Reactions: Hypernova

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
that was so sweet.. i already said it, but kudos to PAtrick Clark for making something out of the Velveteen Dream. such a fun character...
and well Aleister Back is probably the best thing they have on nxt. defenitely a fun feud.
Between Black and Zelina Vega, definitely the two best things they have going right now. Zelina hits the hurricarana on Roddy from the apron to the floor and I marked out.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Zelina is an awesome adition to Almas character. but ill be a fan of Almas no matter what. that mexican factor. i wish they would stop bringing their spanish talk.
(like everyone in wwe who was born outside the US has to do to get heat...i mean i get it, but every heel does it)

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
So yay or nay on the faux reporters scrums NXT likes to do?

I would take it a step further and do actual faux press conferences for big matches. UFC/Boxing style.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think they are too fake. NXT isn't a big promotion, and when you do something to pretend it's a lot bigger than it really is it takes me out of it. It's a step too far.

But I do think they should do something like it. I'm not sure exactly what, but the idea at a fundamental level is good so they should keep at it.

It's hard to really come up with anything as the entire structure of the company doesn't make logical sense. All the wrestlers are contracted to WWE, and all of the interviewers work there too, so do the authority figures. And they're all training to be better together. Except they're also feuding with each other and doing random attacks and running away into the streets. Only to come back to work the next day. And on top of that, the reality version of NXT is too blurred into the TV show NXT, and it makes it hard to really do anything as everything is already openly fake. NXT is it's own special bizarre world, but it works so you can't really change it.

If you had a completely different show design then you can do a lot of thing by creating some disconnect between the wrestlers and the promoter, but you just can't do that with a WWE product as they all have those same issues.

But I do like press conferences. You can even book one like a contract signing every once in a while, so they should do those. Those are much easier to accept as part of the show to me.

Reactions: Disclose

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
would prefer conferences to the typical singing the contract on the ring. (for nxt. to make it different)
i dont hate those fake press guys interviews cuz, it does look cheap and i think thats the point of nxt, compared to the big RAW or SDlive shows..

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
What I like is that at least NXT doesn't look like a high school play or something. RAW/SDL all the "sets" look so fake because they are. Why is Angle/Bryan's "office" an area with curtains around it and a poster or two? Its D level set design.

At least with NXT Regals office is an office. It makes sense "reporters" would be talking to guys at the PC working out etc...

I like that NXT blurs the line a bit and tries to be more like a real sport. I think it would be neat to go a bit further. A UFC/Boxing style PC could add a lot of hype to future matches just don't bring it out all the time.

Reminds me a bit of the little things WCW used to do to make their show seem more like sport, and less like a high school play.

There will always be the issue of its fake so you can't push the reality portion to far, just know how far you can go. These faux scrums to me work for NXT and give it a more sport feel as opposed to RAW/SDL which are trying to be a TV show but come off more like I said as a high school production.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I loved the reactions to the annocement as well.

Sanity was chomping st the bit, while Adam Cole looking legitimately terrified. He is such a good heel right now I hope he gets his ass completely kicked.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
A bit weaker episode of NXT tonight but made up for with the War Games announcement. Even though I knew it already due to spoilers it was still really exciting.

Eichner/Gargano was a great little match and Eichner is really impressive. Not sure whats the plan with Gargano as he has lost a lot but it is probably playing into Ciampa storyline. He could come back and say see Johnny you are nothing with me.

No Dream/Black, no Almas/Drew wrestling, no Roddy wrestling, no good female matches(Cross/Conti was essentially a squash) so it was light on action and didn't have a lot of the characters I love from NXT.

But overall still a solid hour and most people will come away remembering the War Games announcement rather than anything else that took place.

And finally I am looking forward to hopefully a Street Profits vs Rich Buff guys feud.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i always avoid nxt spoilers, its kinda frustrating WWE itself announced it before on twitter or whatever...
i would have marked out more. this is gonna be fun people...

and my man Andrade getting his title shot. not expecting a miracle, but if he can bring it like we know he can, it should be fun.

and my less man Veveteen Dream vs Black... i like this show.

so those 3 matches plus the fatal 4 way for the women's title. is that our final card?

Reactions: Virtanen18

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think there's a fifth match from what I remember of the spoilers, but not sure if it was confirmed. Looking at the house show cards I think it's gonna be added, or at least be a match from the episode they tape at the Takeover.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
As posted in the news thread:

"NXT is taping outside of Full Sail next year. They are going to the Centre Stage Theatre in Atlanta, which is where WCW did their WCW Saturday Night shows back in the 90s.

There are three dates there: 4th Jan, 1st Feb, and 2nd Feb."

I think this is a great thing. Full Sail has been terrible for a while now, they really needed to go somewhere else to get some fresh fans who haven't seen everything already. No clue if they plan to abandon Full Sail completely, but I wouldn't be against it.

I've also looked at the coming taping dates and they're a bit awkward.

We've got Takeover the weekend, so they'll tape one episode there for next week (airing 22nd), but then they don't tape until the next Wednesday (29th). So either they rush an episode that night or they tape two at Takeover. And either way, they've got five more episodes (6th, 13th, 20th, 27th, and 3rd) before the January date to fill.

So I'm wondering if they'll do two episodes at Takeover (22nd, 29th), Then the taping will be (6th, 13th, 20th, and 3rd) with the 27th being the 'year in review' show. The two Takeover episodes being the pre-show matches, then a full episode for Dunne vs Gargano.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I doubt they abandon Full Sail since it’s so close to everybody.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
??
dunne vs gargano is not gona air on saturday? :( :(
Nope, the full card for the actual Takeover is:

McIntyre vs Almas
Women's 4-way
WarGames match
Black vs Dream
SPOILER vs SPOILER (maybe not spoiler, but I'm two weeks behind on TV so not sure)

It'll be on a TV episode at some point, just a case of waiting a bit longer.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Nope, the full card for the actual Takeover is:

McIntyre vs Almas
Women's 4-way
WarGames match
Black vs Dream
SPOILER vs SPOILER (maybe not spoiler, but I'm two weeks behind on TV so not sure)

It'll be on a TV episode at some point, just a case of waiting a bit longer.

Ohno vs Sullivan was made official last week

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They've made the match, I don't get why they can't just do a take over with 6 matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad